Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my town LaPlace, La has never flooded like this, and they are covering their asses by issuing a mandatory evac after the hurricane was half over and power/water were out and in the mid of the night.. Stupid ppl run **** around here.

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
Sorry to hear man. They really need to bolster things up down there if this was only a catagory 1 hurricain and its causing this many problems.
How is your property and bike holding up?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't been able to check, but I'll hope for the best. The storm being a cat1 is deceiving because this storm stalled and pushed the contents of Lake Ponchatrain into our area. Katrina was no threat to us. Let's see what kind of response our city gets since we aren't that big or minority dense. Politics dictates who gets what.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
You hang in there man I wish you all the best we had some down pours here in Sunny Florida Monday and Tuesday we dodged another disaster for sure

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yeah LaPlace was pretty much destroyed and flooded like crazy. The hurricane stalling pretty much caused a title wave type ordeal that pushed all of the lake into LaPlace. I am from Destrehan which is right next to LaPlace. My parents still live there and took on some roof damage, but luckily that is it although they will now need a new roof since Katrina hit it hard the first and now after Isaac, it is time to replace. I am lucky because I am in BR now and we did not get it as bad as we were suppose to. Lucky the storm kind of disoriented itself and JUST missed a good portion of BR. Only damage around my neighborhood is my neighbor lost part of their fence.

The Interstate is still underwater and looks like most of LaPlace will remain underwater through the holidays. I still cant make it home to check on my parents because of it, but at least from phone calls I know they are okay.

Hope everyone that stayed for the storm is safe and wish those in LaPlace my prayers. Also those in the path of the levee breach they are making will need prayers they dont get flooded as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hope everything goes well for you! Will definitely send my best of wishes to you bro! Take care!

·
Registered
714 Posts
you dont need anyone to tell you to evac.. its better to be safe than sorry, so stop relying on people to tell you to evac. katrina didnt teach you anything? or maybe you guys didnt learn. be safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts