Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking today about future mods and one thing came to mind. The horn on the RR sounds like it should be on a small, pink, Italian scooter. So has anyone ever modded that or found somewhere to buy a horn that sounds better. I never use my horn so I kind of forgot about it for a while, but I might use it more if it sounded better. I know for cars they make those horns that play songs and stuff but anything for a bike?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, thats assuming everyone knows sign language. So no ideas on how to get my baby to play la cucaracha every time I honk at someone?

·
Registered
618 Posts
On my cruiser i have a Fiamm AM-80 'low tone' airhorn.

it sounds a bit more like a car, than Roadrunner. :crackup:

well, not really an 'airhorn' as such, but it's got a conical 'horn' over a slightly louder than stock bike horn, so it doesn't take up much space, and it is louder than stock.

most people suggest getting a high tone and a low tone to have both run at the same time

you could always try and find a spot to bolt on a Stebel airhorn.... :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol an airhorn would be awesome. If it was a bit smaller I might actually consider it. So where could I get a "Fiamm AM-80 'low tone' airhorn"?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just picked up a set of Hella Supertones and mounted one in place of the stock horn. Ended up selling the other to a friend, so I spent about $25 in the end and have a horn rated at almost 120db.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
My Two Bros on my RR was loud enough to scare the sh*t outta people when they didn't let me lane split :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I choose right now to use the stock pipe cause I dont want to piss of my landlord, shes been very lenient with me on a lot of things cause I am a good tenant. But I am regularly finding myself pissed off a cagers and wanting to let them know it. Revving up might get there attention but doesnt quite convey the pissed off'ness I have toward them and giving them the finger just gets me stereotyped as the biker guy who thinks hes a rebel. I want people to know "you just effed up and almost killed me" so that they never do it again to someone else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts