Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Ever since I bought my 07 600rr, its done some wierd low idle after riding for 30 mins or more. For example if I'm coming up to a red light or a junction it'll drop right down to around 800rpm. Then after about 20 seconds of doing that it'll go back to the normal 1400. I've taken it back to the dealer twice who have insisted that there is nothing wrong with it. The only mod I've made is the Leo Vince lv one slip on but his has been going on when the standard exhaust was on. One thing I will mention is that if I turn the ignition off and on it stops until I ride for a prolonged time again. If anyone has any idea or there's a similar thread I've missed. Please feel free to redirect me. (sorry I've droaned on for so long).

Cheers in advance

James

·
Registered
462 Posts
You may just have a leaking or out of balance injectors, (some flowing less than others) thats why happens hot, some cylinders too rich at idle coming down from speed, then clears after idling for a bit. Unfortunatly it's not cheap to remove all the injectors and send them to a place that sonicly cleans and balances them, although probably cheaper than buying all new ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic! :/
Thanks for the info. Do you think something like that would be covered under the Honda Warranty? The bike is just under 7 years old and up to date on servicing.

Once again thanks for your help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had a look on the Honda site at the Honda Guarantee which I did actually take out, but it's two months too late. Even though I took it back to the same dealer twice and they 'found nothing wrong with it'. Looks like I'll have to take it somewhere else and fork out the cash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am starting to wonder if the ECU is to blame - I could be horribly wrong though. Here are my thoughts: this only happens after about 20 minutes of riding (at any pace) and when I turn the ignition off and on it seems to forget its ever done it and behaves and idles normally. Please tell me though if you think I'm miles out. Maybe this is vital information I forgot to mention in the original post.
Like I say though, tell me if I'm wrong, never had this problem on an injected bike.

Cheers guys

James

·
Registered
462 Posts
No, you're probably not horribly wrong, any thing is possible, but the ecu's are pretty bullet proof on these bikes, more likely a gummed up or sticky idle speed motor. Which my not be acting up when the mechanic's checking it . It my be worth it to run a good strong fuel injection cleaner though one tank of fuel too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before I take it anywhere then I'll try the FI cleaner. I'd rather not have to spend hundreds of pounds in labour and parts if its a £30 fix.

Thanks Tuck, you may just be a life saver (or at least a money-saver) :shakehand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts