Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have low oil pressure for a second on startup. Hapened one day after I switched to amsoil synthetic oil & an amsoil filter. I didn't fill the filter up with oil or prime the oil system. What should I do?

D

·
0 Posts
Low pressure is normal for every 4 stroke vehicle at start-up, since the oil pump hasn't been working to have oil pressure up.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, it doesn't come back on. But I have tried starting my friends bike, and his oil pressure light is off before the engine fires up, as soon as he hits the starter button.(which is what mine used to be like) Also, there is some chatter from my engine, it sounds like the chain, for the first second or two.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, not the exact same. But I know for a fact mine used to do about the same thing as his on startup. I even went to youtube, and watched a video of a CBR being started. Granted, it may have been warmed up earlier. I'll just take a video and post it this afternoon.

D

·
0 Posts
Different bikes and manufacturers act differently. If your bike has oil pressure at the point of start-up, and even before, then you have an issue you need to worry about.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hey guys I have low oil pressure for a second on startup. Hapened one day after I switched to amsoil synthetic oil & an amsoil filter. I didn't fill the filter up with oil or prime the oil system. What should I do?
You do not have to do either, filling the filter or priming the system.

The light will always come on before you start the bike. As Demented said there is no pressure built up in the system before its turned on. You are fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts