Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and this seems like this is somewhat of a normal thing. I work downtown and am often in 1st or 2nd gear under 3500 RPMs, which is where I feel it smooths out. Also, when decelerating it seems like it starts adding fuel back in around the same point and I lose most of my engine braking.

I have a 2013 with 5500 miles and it has done this since I bought it with 2k.

I'm looking to confirm that this is normal and wondering if it can be smoothed out with a power commander?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Under 3500 who keeps it there im at about 5k at the lowest. then i down shift.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd gear is much smoother then 1st in terms of throttle response @ 25 MPH or really any speed, and why would I want to hang at 5k in 1st when not going anywhere?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
its for an exscape. I live in downtown milwaukee and its a very dangerous place to drive being how populated it is and the amout of young drivers. Its nice to be higher in the power band if you need to get up and go for some reason. 5k is not high either this is a sport bike nit a harley

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I'm looking to confirm that this is normal and wondering if it can be smoothed out with a power commander?
Normal. Only time I'm ever in 1st is when I'm stopped / taking off. 2nd gear for low speed, it is a lot smoother. If doing it with 1st, you will need a lot of finesse on the throttle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts