Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 600rr I live in Utah and it's over 100° during the day I'm not concerned with my temps at night more so day riding idle I'm at over 220-Max I've seen 240° city riding I'm 220° all the time, highway I'm 200-220° if I put a 05 600rr radiator with engine Ice will that help or are these 03 cursed with super high temps bc I see it's a common issue but most are not at my temps I have no coolent leaks/overflow overheat light has never came on. Could it be my temp sensor also? The bike as 20,000 miles fan kicks on at 221°f tested the thermostat to it fully opens at 190°f, can I or where can I find a cooler thermostat? Thanks for your time guys!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sounds normal. There's really nothing you can do to change it more than a few degrees. I had an 03 in LA for last year. It was the same temps as yours during the summer, 220-230. It hit 240 a few times at stop lights.

It would have to be something major like a bigger radiator or an oil cooler to do anything. Or a few good vents in the fairings.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Yeah my 03 runs same temps. They just run hot. I've tried different coolants and have had no luck. Learned to live with it....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply figured it was the 03 curse and being in this damn heat here rode home tonight and held 185 all the way home on the high way and hit 200 when pulling it in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts