Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i just got a brand new fearing kit from china on ebay. everything fit great except lower fearing, after doing a little bit of a research figured out that i have a California bike and kit is for 49 states. the fearing is sitting on the exhaust and smokes when it gets hot.

im on a budget so cant go out and buy new peaces, any recommendations to separate fearing from exhaust besides heat shield, im sure it will burn through it in no time.

thank you, help is appreciated

I

·
0 Posts
Your best bet is to try and find a cheap lower that fits cali bikes with the portion cut out on it. Did you put heat shielding on the lowers to begin with. I highly recommend it if you didn't.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have exhaust wrap around touching area and heat sheald on fearing it self

·
Registered
188 Posts
try wrapping the exhaust can and use heat-shield tape on the fairing. Also see if you can adjust the pipe a bit downwards. good luck

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
aluminum tape will work too.
i have some on the inside on my lower plastics

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is how i fixed the problem, before the bolt it was touching the plastics really bad, now it gave it space for air flow, i rode it hot yesterday to test and bolt got warm but plastics were cold. this worked for me

thanks guys for your ideas

·
Registered
150 Posts
I HATE CALIFORNIA LAWS lol.. Why oh why do I have to purchase a "California" model if I'm buying a brand new vehicle in this state. GAY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts