Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I received my new forks, front upper fairings, headlights and lower triple tree bracket/mount. My problem, I need the specialty wrench to remove the nut that puts the pressure on the bearings through the frame and holds the actual fork clamps on. Any idea what to call this wrench or the nut to take off so I can get this tool? The fiche diagrams just call it a thread... not quite going to get me where I need to go.

I can't seem to get my search verbage right to get good results either. Any help would sure be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Do you not have your honda/ oem tool set that came with the bike? Its in there. Its a weird shape etc. If you like... send me a pm with your email address and ill send you a pic of the tool. I hate uploading pics on here.

Also I guess you could buy one from the shop. There is nothing else that I know of that a average garage will have laying around a person could use to get it off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see this is very late. My bike came with an Alan wrench and a helmet cable. Well, and a bike manual. I searched high and low for the stupid tool and the bike shops said they just make them.

I had to cut it off anyhow, when the forks hit, it pulled enough on the threads that it stripped them a little bit. It's amazing how such a small thing can make such a huge difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts