Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only one quick question. I lowered CBR about three months ago. When I did it, I was told that I cannot have a passenger because it would ruin my suspension. This was not a problem then, but it's becoming one now. I never question this face, but I can't seem to find any data supporting it. In short, can I not have someone on the back of the bike, if it's lowered?

'06 CBR600RR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I slammed it so I could come off the line faster. Buuuuut the came and bit me in the ass on a hard embankment. Highsided doing 80 on an on-ramp.

But I guess it is mad low...Maybe I'll go back to stock. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I slammed it so I could come off the line faster. Buuuuut the came and bit me in the ass on a hard embankment. Highsided doing 80 on an on-ramp.

But I guess it is mad low...Maybe I'll go back to stock. Thanks guys.
ah your a drag racer. i was wondering why anyone would drop it 3inches

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i ride on the back of mine sometimes and it's lowered

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
3in is ridicoulously low IMO. thats like how hayabusas do it.

the RR is made for agility and handling. maybe if you want to dragrace u should've gotten a 1k. not saying a 600 can't go fast, but its better for track purposes.

having a passenger will seriously affect ur suspension negatively and even make the rear drag parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's fine, I haven't bottomed out but once, and that's because I was being a jackass over a speedbump. But yeah, the wheel wont come up even if I wanted it too....Well, it does, but I had to DROP the clutch at like 4krpm and I don't wanna do that to my sprocket again. It was fun dragging it for a little while, you make about 50 bucks a run off all the kids and their turbocharged 1.7L cars. But I'm ready to go back to making some harder courners and having a girl on the back. Only thing I'm worried about is my kickstand :( I had to cut it too, and now it's going to be at a 90 Degree angle when it's back up at stock higth.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
as far as messing up the suspension you did that by lowering in the first place...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you're saying I did something that is irreversible? The link I have on there is adjustable. I think I'm going to go up to one inch. Will I still get good track results with that?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I had my RR lowered 3in when I got the bike.
The bike handle like sh*T in corners, the rear wheel would spinning.
In any corner, When throttle was applied.
If you were to ride a stock height RR then moved to a lowered RR.
You'll notices the lost of handling performance.

Maybe this is why you went down on the on-ramp.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had mine down 3" at first and every time I had my girl on the back who is only 100lbs every bump was a nightmare. I have since raised it to the next hole on the link and all is good. I still don't have my tire come up unless I'm close to the rev limit in first or second gear. My handling is good and am very happy with the new height. I'm a tall 5'4 so stop lights and quick stops are a bitch if I cant get a foot down.

·
Registered
66 Posts
can u post a pic i want to see what an rr looks like with a 3 inch drop

G

·
It's fine, I haven't bottomed out but once, and that's because I was being a jackass over a speedbump. But yeah, the wheel wont come up even if I wanted it too....Well, it does, but I had to DROP the clutch at like 4krpm and I don't wanna do that to my sprocket again. It was fun dragging it for a little while, you make about 50 bucks a run off all the kids and their turbocharged 1.7L cars. But I'm ready to go back to making some harder courners and having a girl on the back. Only thing I'm worried about is my kickstand :( I had to cut it too, and now it's going to be at a 90 Degree angle when it's back up at stock higth.
I had mine down 3" at first and every time I had my girl on the back who is only 100lbs every bump was a nightmare. I have since raised it to the next hole on the link and all is good. I still don't have my tire come up unless I'm close to the rev limit in first or second gear. My handling is good and am very happy with the new height. I'm a tall 5'4 so stop lights and quick stops are a bitch if I cant get a foot down.
You two would be surprised at how much the rear suspension moves up and down, even with the stock height. With a 3" drop, you're probably on the verge of bottoming out all the time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So are you at a two inch drop or a one? I am going to go up to one inch soon as I find a brother to help me out. And you're saying your wheel comes up around 13kRPM? You sitting far back? Or you pulling on the bar? When I was at stock , I was between going a tooth down on the sprocket or lowering the bike. Bro's told me to take it down, and make some cash. Now that I'm over it, I wanna bring it up, and go down a tooth. However, I want to keep it one inch down, but I think if I keep it lowered and go a tooth down it's like counterproductive work...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts