Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about lowering and stretching out my 600 not so much for drag racing but more so for comfort. i ride my bike alot and to be honest my 05 is not comfortable for me at all. i have rode my buddy's 06 1000rr and his is way more comfortable. i figured if i dropped it down and stretched it out it would not make the back end not stick up so far in the air pushing my crotch into the tank and applying all the pressure to my forarms and shoulders leaning down on the bars. i am about 6ft 3 200 lbs. does anyone have any suggestions. i also have some lower back pain after riding for awhile.

G

·
www.gixxer.com

But seriously, if you plan on riding it every day, don't stretch/lower it, unless you like having the risk of the link braking and you taking a spill.

Lower back pain and having to lean forward, it's all a part of having a sport bike, and even if the bike was lowered, you would still have to lean down and forward.

G

·
I am thinking about lowering and stretching out my 600 not so much for drag racing but more so for comfort. i ride my bike alot and to be honest my 05 is not comfortable for me at all. i have rode my buddy's 06 1000rr and his is way more comfortable. i figured if i dropped it down and stretched it out it would not make the back end not stick up so far in the air pushing my crotch into the tank and applying all the pressure to my forarms and shoulders leaning down on the bars. i am about 6ft 3 200 lbs. does anyone have any suggestions. i also have some lower back pain after riding for awhile.
get risers if you're looking for non-racing comfort. also, you would benefit from an aftermarket seat as well. Corbin makes them.

Lowering the bike will only make the chassis stiffer since you can't compress the forks and shocks as much while retaining the same suspension travel. You're going to have to add preload in order not to bottom out depending on how far you go... springs too. you're far better off ditching all the compression or get high speed adjustable forks and shocks and change out the bars and seat for a more upright position. Otherwise you're looking at a whole new bike, and if you're looking for speed and comfort, look for the super sport touring bikes like the ST1300 or the VFR800.

Who buys a race bike for comfort anyway?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
A stretched 600?? for comfort??? Really bro?? Gimmie a fuggin break! That is about the gayest sh!t I have ever heard.

If your uncomfortable on the bike why did you buy it??
I have an 05 , am 5'9" 220 and have no comfort issues at all.
If your balls are slappin the tank then you are not riding in the correct position and your not using your legs for leverage. At 6'2" you should be VERY comfortable on this bike.
I think you just bought the wrong bike.

But hey, if the stretched ghetto squid look is what you like, then by all means go for it. After all your the one that has to ride it, all we can do is talk about it!

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i am 6.2.

and the bike could have been more comfy , but it is a race rep , that is not why i bough it.....

before you drop it look at some other bikes , like a superduke!!!

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
+1 lowering and stretching=GAYNESS

A stretched 600?? for comfort??? Really bro?? Gimmie a fuggin break! That is about the gayest sh!t I have ever heard.

If your uncomfortable on the bike why did you buy it??
I have an 05 , am 5'9" 220 and have no comfort issues at all.
If your balls are slappin the tank then you are not riding in the correct position and your not using your legs for leverage. At 6'2" you should be VERY comfortable on this bike.
I think you just bought the wrong bike.

But hey, if the stretched ghetto squid look is what you like, then by all means go for it. After all your the one that has to ride it, all we can do is talk about it!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
why would anyone wanna go and ruin a perfectly good RR by stretching or lowering it? get yerself a cruiser!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
LOL, well I am not sure if he is going to post again.

To make it more comfortable you can try the following:
Get a Corban seat they are a lot softer
Raise your bars up
On long freeway riding you can set your left had in your lap to get a more upright position.

If you want more comfort look into the naked sport bikes. They have a little more upright sitting position.

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
Should have bought a leather sofa to get comfort

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jesus christ all yall are toxic as hell. The guy is asking for advice. Yall are narsastic as hell. Who g.a.f. why he wants to that's his bussiness. If you don't wanna help out than shut the hell up. Yall give bikers a bad name 1%ers give better advice than most of yall.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
5,073 Posts
Jesus christ all yall are toxic as hell. The guy is asking for advice. Yall are narsastic as hell. Who g.a.f. why he wants to that's his bussiness. If you don't wanna help out than shut the hell up. Yall give bikers a bad name 1%ers give better advice than most of yall.
Dude this thread is 14 years old. How did you even find it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts