Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are lowers different from CA than 49 state bikes?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
yes they are different simply cause CA models have the catalyic converter
the other models do not

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
moeman said:
yes they are different simply cause CA models have the catalyic converter
the other models do not

What he said^

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damnit!!!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
they still mount the same and everything...i think their just notched out some on the very bottom inside...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I can buy CA ones and it will be fine on my bike??

·
Registered
769 Posts
from what I've seen yes... you'll just have a little less plastic.. there has got to be some CA guys on here to post up a picture..

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I think the CA ones mount to the converter on the back portion though so you will have to fabricate a bracket to connect them to each other.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
joe_rocket65 said:
I think the CA ones mount to the converter on the back portion though so you will have to fabricate a bracket to connect them to each other.
yup yup!! what he said!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright thanks.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I did the CA emissions removal on one of my 600RRs. On CA bikes the lowers connect in the rear to the evaporator canister mounting bracket. If you have a CA bike and want to remove all the emissions stuff you can remove the canister and replace the bracket so your lowers don't flap around. The canister itself weighs a ton so there is definitely a benefit in doing this.

I'd recommend against using CA lowers on a non CA bike because non-CA lowers connect in the rear and utilize more plastic making the tail-end of the lowers rigid. The CA lowers rely on the evaporator canister bracket to accomplish this. You can fab up a little tab (or zip tie) to connect the lowers but they will still tend to flap around.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need 49 state lowers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but is it pretty easy to remove the canister? What do you do with all the hoses?

I got 49 state lowers and am having a difficult time fitting them.

Thanks guys/gals!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
tak said:
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but is it pretty easy to remove the canister? What do you do with all the hoses?

I got 49 state lowers and am having a difficult time fitting them.

Thanks guys/gals!!!
this may help:
http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/600RRpairsmog.htm
canister removal is easy. if you want to get into pair removal it is a little more difficult cause you have to remove the airbox. still fairly easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts