Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need to remove the front side fairings? how do i remove the stock lights? if anyone knows where i can find a tutorial or how to do it please help.

·
Registered
659 Posts
w.ww.ronayers.com and look at the microfiche for the upper fairing.

Remove:
Mirrors, Windscreen, Bolts connecting mid-fairing to upper.

You should see the other screw to remove from there. You don't have to completely remove the upper fairing. Just pull it forward enough to allow you hand underneath.

BTW: I would cut the OEM connectors and attach them to the LP. I found it easiest to use heat shrink tubing (individually, them over everything) to allow all the wires to slide back through the holes.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
upper removal read this thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=48818
turn signal installation my way
1. take the ram air covers off to do that you have to take off the inside plastic screw and the top metal screw that is attached to the middle fairing
2.take off the front black plastic piece that attaches the ram air nostrils together its right belwo the head lights
3. on the inside of the middle fairing by the radiator you wil see black plastic screws that hold the ram air tubes to the middle fairings these have to come off
4. loosen up the other 2 screws for the middle fairings
once these steps are done you should be able to pull out the ram air tubes and slide your hands behind the middle fairings to loosen up the nut that holds the oem turn signals in place , discconnet the turn signal wires and pull it off the bike
5.once that is done cut the male connector off the oem turn signals install the turn signals on the bike and rewire the connector to the LP turn signals
6 .once you are done with all the wiring
and before you tighten up the turn signals nut turn the bike on and start it and test the trun signals and make sure evreything is working fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts