Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone knew of a creative way to pack some extra gear onto our bikes. Anytime a trip was longer then overnight we'd have a chase vehicle, but now I'm doing a few roadtrips on my own and need to pack more then a backpack full of stuff. I know that there are sport saddle bags available (cortech for instance) but the thought of spending over 100 bucks for something I'll use about 3 times total isn't too appealing. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that has a non magnetic tank bag other wise I'd borrow theres. Has anyone managed to SAFELY strap some sort of extra bag onto there bikes? Or is there a cheaper maybe lower quality luggage bag available?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've got two 1-inch straps with adjusters that I use to put stuff on the back seat. I lay them across the tail with no seat, then latch the seat on top of them, leaving the ends loose to wrap around whatever you are carrying. I've carried a box with two auto jackstands, a rim (no tire) from an Accord, fast food (no drink), and a small overnight bag full of clothes.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
a trailer.... lol. but seriously i've thought of the same when i planned to go to Miami (4hr ride) and stay for a few nights. only thing i can think of is a decent size back pack then strap another bag on the passenger seat with some bungee cables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts