Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola bikey people! I'm having a nightmare finding a tank bag for my 'Reggie the Repsol' - no piss taking about a girl naming her bike ? he's named after the Kray twins cos ee's ard innit! Anyhow I'm on a mission to find some sort of luggage rack that I dont have to drill into my plastics? Any ideas? Also the tank bag systems by Givi dont seem to fit and of course my tank is plastic so magnetic is no good....I need to sort it asap as we need to hit the road (filming for our channel) any ideas gratefully recieved ta x #Lane

·
Registered
371 Posts
Check out Oxford, they have a strap on model as well as models that attach to the fuel cap ring. I am looking at the strap model, it looks like it will hug the tank a little better.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
IMHO, get the gas fill lock ring bag, the straps are a royal PITA.

I made mag mounts for my 09 by RTV'ing large contoured fender washers inside gas tank cowling.

Then they made lock ring tank bags......oh snap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 498cm3 but the straps are a nightmare for us as we're on the roads for weeks at a time. I'm really looking for some kind of tank lock if I can find one to fit. The issue is my tank recess, I even tried spacers and long screws with the Givi but no joy.

Tary I'd be interested to see pics if you have some?

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
OP you can't get a lockring to fit cap?...look at Rizoma (and GIVI?) and some of the other top end tank bag luggage makers.

get a local machine shop to help with a custom spacer?

for mag mounting you've got to make a series of custom metal underlays to fit your chosen mag tankbag.

at speeds over XXXmph the mag stuff is unreliable, it shifts and distracts you....... I ended up throwing a cheap cargo net over bag.

That's secure for long high rpm runs in 6th.

Beware of a great big tankbag, it'll limit movement across bike....

·
Registered
428 Posts
I added this Nelson Rigg bag this winter. It straps right to the rear seat pillion. Not a tank bag, but it adds storage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts