Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard on the news tonight that Massachusetts is very close to passing regulations on pocketbikes. The last step if for the Govenor to sign the regulations. From what i heard the regulations will include: operator must be at least 16 yrs old, have a valid drivers license, not operate after dark, not go over 20 MPH, not drive on side walks or bike paths, have turn signals. It sounds like pocketbikes will regulated much like a full size motorcycle as far as safety equipment and rules of the road. My .02 on it, i think this is great. They are basically small motorcycles and should be regulated as such. If parents buy them for their kids let them stay on their property with them and supervise their use. If adults want to ride them they should do so responsibly. I am sick of seeing the bikes darting in and out of traffic with total disregard for other drivers. I have never seen them on a sidewalk but common sense says that they should not be there anyway. I guess that's it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Good, i like these just as much as the next person, but i have seen so many young kids have serious close calls on these things. they are just toys to us, but some of these yonger kids dont fully understand the responsibility of owning one of these things. I was cruzin through my friends neighbor hood and this kid on one of those was in front of me the whole way out of the tract, i honked and all he did was wave, i think he thought he was a pace car or something, but when i past him he couldnt have been mor than 10 or 11 with no helmet, gloves nothing just shorts and a tee-shirt.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Isn't that the land of :Supergay: ........ just a thought. Why are you going to take away our fun? Next we will be watching TeliTubbies all day long for entertainment. The government is getting sad!

·
Registered
349 Posts
who is bobbing and weaving those things in traffic? where do you live where they can even remotely keep a safe speed? those things can't even break the speed limit in neighborhoods, much less on a real road. if 4 wheelers that run 60+mph can't be street legal, these little things damn well shouldn't.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't mean darting in traffic like a full size bike, i wrote it wrong. What i was referring to is some riders desregard for traffic while riding them. I have seen them pull out in from side streets with no regard for cars, driving infront of vehicles at very slow speeds and then turning with no signals. On a couple occassions the operator looked young, probably early teens. Don't get me wrong i don't hate pocketbikes but if they are going to be operated on roadways there need to be regulations that apply to them.
rrrrr said:
Isn't that the land of :Supergay: ........ just a thought. Why are you going to take away our fun? Next we will be watching TeliTubbies all day long for entertainment. The government is getting sad!
I am not but yes, Mass has a high gay population and now allows gay marriage. Anarchy has broken out everywhere and the idea of marriage is some how tainted.... :roll: :roll: But that is off topic and probably belongs in another section of the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts