• Other

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know who generally has the majority vote. I just recently messed with a Mac for the first time in a long time, and am LONG overdue for a new computer. Now I'm still leaning more towards PC, and the poll won't really effect my decision, I just wonder how many Apple fanboys we have on the forum.

*** IF you vote for other, Please, let us know what it is that is SOOOOO great ***

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You do definitely pay more. Their customer service is super dooper though. I have taken my iPod classic in and they had me a replacement and out the door in 3 minutes. Also went in with a friend who bricked his Mac mini. I personally like to fix things myself though so this great customer service isn't so golden to me.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Mac and like it. Runs smoother than windows for sure.
I like the fact that it is so seemless and smooth. Has some really nice features too. But I'm really good with Windows. Know it like the back of my hand as far as shortcuts and fixes. I think somewhere down the line I'll end up owning a Mac just so I can totally decide how I like them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use Mac laptop but still run a custom built PC tower. I like both, but the Mac is quicker and easier for almost everything I do. I do run Windows 7 in VMware Fusion on my laptop if I need some windows specific program, but I hardly ever do!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was waiting on that suggestion. I have been looking into it. I actually have a pretty good system to support it. I'm considering building me a new desktop and running OSX on this one.
This can be a PITA at times. When you want to update the OS you have to get special updates. Occasionally things wont work just right. Before I bought Mac hardware I used to run a Hackintosh but everytime I went to change my screen resolution, it would crash.

I used a MacBook Pro and dual booted between Windows and OSX. My MBP was from 2008 so it was when the laptops could be used to cook eggs on them. I finally just went back to "Windows" hardware. I develop video games for a living so most of my time was spent in Windows anyway.

I do have a MacMini with Boxee running on it hooked up to my TV. I could do the same with my Windows machine, but the form factor is just awesome.

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Mac all the way. Was never a huge fan of Windows anyway. I still have to tolerate XP at work and it irritates me no end. Tried the Linux install on my PS3 and it was useless. I'm sure it's alright on other hardware though.

Once you go Mac you'll never look back!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I used windows all the time before, and about 3 months ago after this debate, bought a macbook pro. I absolutely love it and have never looked back since.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
well my mac has a virus so........kidding.

well I have a mac and a pc and I'm going to say that I hate mac computers, PC's seem to be easier to use and just fit me better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
get a mac.. if u really need a pc that bad. just boot camp the mac and install windows :)..

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
get a mac.. if u really need a pc that bad. just boot camp the mac and install windows :)..
:+1:

I was weary of getting a Mac but finally gave in and got one a little over a year ago. I will never own a PC again. If I have to do something that can't be done on my Macbook then it doesn't need to be done. I love not having all those BS trial things on my laptop and all that other useless crap that comes with a PC. It did take a little getting used to but I watched the tutorials on Apple's website to help me out. This thing is still just as fast as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use both at work. For any kind of graphics, video editing, photo illustrating I would go with MAC. For any word processing and that type of work PC. I edit on MACs all day and I love them. For me, if I had to buy only one system it would be a MAC.

My 2 cents

Walkmnn

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
ill take my pc over a mac any day of the week, it will smoke most any mac your getting standard order, and it cost 1/4 as much

thanks for playing.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Is this a question of hardware or software? If software, no comment because so much is made equally for both or is available online now that it doesn't matter whether it's Windows or Mac. If hardware, PC without a doubt. I admit that Apple's quality tends to be higher, but it depends on what components you put in your PC. A PC with similar specs can be put together for about half the price, and even without a warranty, you'd be hard-pressed for enough to go wrong to get the cost up to what the Mac originally was.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts