Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two weeks ago, right before i was leaving for vacation, I decided to install regristration lights to my bike. I forgot to disconect the battery :banghead:. Well i blew the fuse and didn't have much time to fix it. I also needed to turn signals installed. Since I paid for the bike my self and let my dad ride it when he wants to, he offered while were on vacation he will pay for the shop to replace the fuse and put the turn signals on. That was 15 days ago!! They said they have not received the turn signals as of Friday and then they said my cluster is shot and they couldn't find the fuse i thought that was blown. They want me to buy a used cluster and give it to them to install. I said no and that you guys just don't know what you are looking for. I was thinking about pulling the bike from their shop and just paying for the turn signals and installing them myself. But i'm scared their would be a huge charge for it. So, I'm pretty sure ill give them until Tuesday to fix it and if they do, do you think I could argue incompetence for their diagnostics.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Tell them you want it back right now. They have taken way to long to do a simple 15 minute job and are lying to you about parts you need. Take this as a lesson on why to never have a dealer do anything with your bike.

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
the best mechanic is you and the owners manual and 600rr.net LOL period.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pretty much. That or develop a relationship with a mechanic so you know he won't **** you over, did that at a shop in my college town.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i blew my fuse when installing my plate light too. i fixed my wiring and put the new fuse in worked great. btw, i never went anywhere near my gauge cluster. the fuse box is behind your right mid-fairing, well it was on my 03'

·
Registered
265 Posts
So two weeks ago, right before i was leaving for vacation, I decided to install regristration lights to my bike. I forgot to disconect the battery :banghead:. Well i blew the fuse and didn't have much time to fix it. I also needed to turn signals installed. Since I paid for the bike my self and let my dad ride it when he wants to, he offered while were on vacation he will pay for the shop to replace the fuse and put the turn signals on. That was 15 days ago!! They said they have not received the turn signals as of Friday and then they said my cluster is shot and they couldn't find the fuse i thought that was blown. They want me to buy a used cluster and give it to them to install. I said no and that you guys just don't know what you are looking for. I was thinking about pulling the bike from their shop and just paying for the turn signals and installing them myself. But i'm scared their would be a huge charge for it. So, I'm pretty sure ill give them until Tuesday to fix it and if they do, do you think I could argue incompetence for their diagnostics.
Isn'tthis a really easy fix? Why didn't you buy a new fuse a replace it yourself?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
its a DIY for sure man. Don't pay a shop a bunch of money to do a quick little job. Assuming you have a 03-06

Take off your right mids - the fuse box is located right behind them

Take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull out the old burnt out fuse. The fuse box has it labeled which one is which. While you are at it, check them all.

Go down town any auto parts store and buy the 10 amp (or 20 amp, can't remember off top of my head) and swap it in. Get a couple extra just in case, they are good to have. Buy the 20's too.

Then install your turn signals yourself. It is super easy, their are a bunch of DIY's on here, but literally a cave man could do it. The blue and orange wire are the left and right turn signals

and you are DONE! It gives you an excuse to tear your bike apart and learn how to work on it. Empower yourself, don't pay a mechanic to do a job you can easily do. Learn about your bike in the process, and also learn how to find threads on this forum

Anything you are looking for or will ever need can be found by going on Google

Typing "[Insert Problem/Topic Here] 600rr"

So in this situation, type out DIY turn signals 600rr - I would paste threads for you, but I want you to SEARCH and learn how to use this forum so people don't flame you for asking questions that have been covered.

you will find several threads covering the topic extensively, showing you how to do it! GOOD LUCK! Get after it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Half the time you can google your problem and add in 600rr and it will pull up threads from here.

Def as said owners manual and the dot net

" insert clever quote here"

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Or in Google search just type 600rr net then problem. It will bring up a whole section from .net and if you hit more under those options o guarantee you will get more than one page of answers from here, but I will be the first to say the forum search at the top of here gives pretty inconsistent results that's why I said type it in Google. :thumbup:

And for god sakes get your bike out of there that is the equivalent of leaving your child with a neglectfull nanny. 180 for a fuse and install Flushmounts wtf. If you need help just ask us in this thread well walk you through it. Even with someone with no experience well have you done in an hour tops. Just be descriptive with plenty of pics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know how to install the turn signals and replace a fuse. That is not the problem, its the problem with the shop taking their time and probably doing a terrible job. I was wondering what i should do. The reason i did not do it myself because my dad offered to pay and i had no time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts