Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just saw Froggie's thread just now about the girl who fell off the dude's bike at 150mph or something.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=637812&posted=1#post637812

And I was reminded of something I saw last week on Friday while I was waiting for my friends outside a sushi bar here in Seattle.

I had just parked my bike and was making a phone call when I heard someone rev their engine coming across an intersection. I look and there is a clean looking R6 being ridden by an absolute squid, he had a passenger on the back. She was very hot. Both only had helmets on. The rest of their clothing were just street clothes. Well, forgive me, the guy had a pair of short summer gloves on. Whoo hoo. Anyway, he turns around and tells her to get off so he can park the bike. The guy is really short so he can only tip toe one foot on the bike. She gets off, he man-handles the bike into a spot.

I then have to hear her call her friend and gush about how it was so cool that she was just riding on the back of this guy's bike. She went on to say she's "so gonna take the class now! LOL!" Tee hee. Yeah. Ok.

And here I was standing right by them fully geared up: arai helmet, vansons leather jacket, vansons leather pants, dainese boots, rev'it race gloves, dainese back protector.

I just wanted to go over there and tell them. "Hey, uh, you know. One flick of that throttle and she's on the ground shearing off that sweet ass of hers. You know this right? Put on some ******* gear. Here's my phone number, babe. Call me, we'll go for a real ride sometime."

Damnit I am so pissed when I see that. Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so pissed that this guy was being so careless with what was a fine speciman of one of god's most beautiful creations.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i like squids, these are best as rings covered in bread crumbs, mmmm, fried in garlic butter, tasty. next time do it, give him the link to froggies post, that might wake her up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel the same way about telling people to put on gear.... But they realize what their doing.. And I know i would come off as a real big jackass being like put a ******* helmet and jacket on you idiot.. its their lives..

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
ya dont have to come straight with that, you can use subtle suggestions, many ways to skin cats shadey....just like this place stay positive then ya dont come over all jackass....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ocassionaly I ride without the jacket, but not too often. Let that guys beotch fall off the back and that will be the last time he gets some of that! You should have slipped her your number when he wasnt looking...that would have been sweeeet!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've had several people pull up next to me on sport bikes and wave or rev or whatever trying to show off, I wave, then point to my helmet. Apparently they're just not smart enough to wear one in the first place, b/c it usually takes a few points and them shrugging their shoulders to understand my point. I passed 2 sportbikes in the parking lot the other day, one geared, the other in a helmet, jacket and shorts w/tennis shoes. Later saw the shorts guy riding on the back. Quite the gay site, so I figured I didn't need to embarass them anymore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i live in MA, you must wear a helmet. thankfully its a law, otherwise my first minor dump at 5mph, would have given me sever brain damage. i don't get how you can ride without one. my friends go up to NH all the time to ride and the second their over the border, they take their helmets off. some people just don't value their lives, or don't know the pain road rash brings. most of them will in short time though. nicely pushing out insurance higher and higher

·
Registered
362 Posts
SPR SLO said:
Later saw the shorts guy riding on the back. Quite the gay site, so I figured I didn't need to embarass them anymore.
A sausage fest of squids!!!! RAD! Bout as gay as it gets. :laughing1

·
Registered
362 Posts
Same type of thing happened around where I live recently. Guy an girl on a bike. The guy had a helmet on and the girl didn't (what the hell. give the helmet to the passenger at least, or don't give them a ride) when they crashed at about 80 mph in town. The girl obviously died and the guy lived. Pretty sad story.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It is indeed sad, but on the other hand never ceases to amaze me at the trust girls/women put in us guys. I could talk a girl into dang near anything when I was younger. It was pathetic looking back, but I think educating girls of us the careless guys on bikes would be a good step, possibly as part of the normal driving class before you get your license.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
SPR SLO said:
It is indeed sad, but on the other hand never ceases to amaze me at the trust girls/women put in us guys.

Its funny how if you walk up to a girl at a bar/club/mall/grocery store and just ask for her # she will think your a phycho. But if that same girl ( not seeing you before now) see's you getting on your bike and ready to leave they wont hesatate to jump on knowing nothing about you and putting their life in your hands.

Im going to have to make a list of everyone that wants to go for a ride w/ me this summer but not until I get my new jacket so they can wear my other one plus I need another helmet.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Lan said:
Same type of thing happened around where I live recently. Guy an girl on a bike. The guy had a helmet on and the girl didn't (what the hell. give the helmet to the passenger at least, or don't give them a ride) when they crashed at about 80 mph in town. The girl obviously died and the guy lived. Pretty sad story.
My buddy G$ always says: The passenger always dies!

Sad, but true.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Butters said:
Damnit I am so pissed when I see that. Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so pissed that this guy was being so careless with what was a fine speciman of one of god's most beautiful creations.

This just sounds like you are pissed cause you dont have a fine piece of arse (as you put it) on the back of your bike!!! HAHA

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
FloridaMotoHead said:
This just sounds like you are pissed cause you dont have a fine piece of arse (as you put it) on the back of your bike!!! HAHA
Where did I say "arse"? At any rate....

How true. I am pretty much a loser, so I don't even try to get with girls anymore. I've resigned to being asexual.... sad, I know it.... It's alright, though, there are so many people who can't keep their hands to themselves and overpopulating this place anyway. hehehe....

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
So why did you puss out and not get a piece of sweet ass?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Alright then, I am officially a Squid! I wear my jacket half the year and the other half when it never drops below 110*F even at night (from about May till October) I sweat my balls off in jeans, T-shirt, helmet and gloves. I'm not ignorant, i assess the risk and am fully aware of it. I am also extremely confident in my riding skills on the street (haven't owned a car in almost 3 years now so i guess i have to be) and feel i am very good at predicting every potential action possibly executed by all the drivers around me and take them ALL into account no matter how improbable they maybe. I'm sure i get guys like a few of you making fun of me and my "ignorance" everyday as i ride by them in my T-shirt but this is my mode of transportation. To tell you the truth, i feel MUCH safer on my bike than driving a car; you can escape from any dangerous situation you get caught in the middle of thanks to the size and maneuverability of my machine. I still don't condone shorts, flip-flips and a lack of helmet ... i mean WTF??

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
APEX_600RR said:
I'm not ignorant, i assess the risk and am fully aware of it. I am also extremely confident in my riding skills on the street
I'm sure most people who have crashed thought the same. Bottom line is $hit happens, and some of those occurances are beyond your control, no matter how good a rider you are.

·
Registered
250 Posts
APEX_600RR said:
Alright then, I am officially a Squid! I wear my jacket half the year and the other half when it never drops below 110*F even at night (from about May till October) I sweat my balls off in jeans, T-shirt, helmet and gloves. I'm not ignorant, i assess the risk and am fully aware of it. I am also extremely confident in my riding skills on the street (haven't owned a car in almost 3 years now so i guess i have to be) and feel i am very good at predicting every potential action possibly executed by all the drivers around me and take them ALL into account no matter how improbable they maybe. I'm sure i get guys like a few of you making fun of me and my "ignorance" everyday as i ride by them in my T-shirt but this is my mode of transportation. To tell you the truth, i feel MUCH safer on my bike than driving a car; you can escape from any dangerous situation you get caught in the middle of thanks to the size and maneuverability of my machine. I still don't condone shorts, flip-flips and a lack of helmet ... i mean WTF??

+1 in shorts and T all summer long.. call me a squid but at least im not sweating my nutz off

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
shamster said:
I'm sure most people who have crashed thought the same. Bottom line is $hit happens, and some of those occurances are beyond your control, no matter how good a rider you are.
This is true and i fully agree. I just think its narrow minded to jump to the conclusion that if a rider is not wearing all possible gear then it MUST mean he is a "squid." This is also a direct relation to the fact that the rider MUST be uneducated about the risk he is subjecting himself too and MUST be a new/unexperienced rider. Although this is a fair assumption and is true MOST of the time, i don't feel it's right to strereotype or generalize people before the facts are known ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts