Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed my mad doc front signals the same way i had my hotbodies mounted but hey seem loose and twist and shake. there seems to be no way to get them on there secure. any tips or suggestions? thanks guys

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Yes, mine are solidly in place. I took a dremel and did a little work to make it so. I do have pictures and will post them when I get home from work later today.

Jason

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jason and do you still need the running light modulator for the mad docs?

·
Registered
104 Posts
those signals are to nice, to have such shitty mounting hardware. I had a time getting mine secure. I was just worried about them vibrating or blowing off around high speeds, anyway I also used a drimmel and rigged up something.

·
7,847 Posts
Once you guys see the pix I have you should get a good idea of how I mounted mine, they are on there solid.

lilguns, yeah I don't have it or know how to get it. =/

Jason

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me know i cant use the one i got with my mad doc because amber running lights are illegal here so i only use mine as blinkers. just shoot me a pm and ill get it off to you!

·
7,847 Posts
Let me know if you need any explaining...

PM Sent.

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait so you trimmed the metal bracket on the stock set up how? just took some off the top? and the little black adapter piece i got with the signals doesn't even fit in the hole on that metal piece. lil more help please jason

thanks lilguns

·
7,847 Posts
Well keep in mind it's been about 2 years since I did this but looking at the pictures and to answer your question, yes. I trimmed and hollowed out the stock bracket with a dremel. If you look at the second picture you can see how I hollowed it out. Once you do that, then the other piece fits in nice and smooth. Oh Yeah!

Jason

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank jason thats why you rock! and you made me wet in the process with your desription of how to hollow it out...

·
7,847 Posts
LOL!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Jason

PS: Buying a dremel is one of the best investments I ever made! =]

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have two of them. i use them constantly best 40 bucks ever spent! thaks again j you rock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts