OG
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki Parts Ways With Biaggi
by staff
Thursday, October 18, 2007

This just in from ALstare Suzuki:

SUZUKI AND ALSTARE PART COMPANY WITH MAX BIAGGI

"With reference to the current situation Team Alstare is facing regarding sponsorship, it is with regret and sadness that the team announces that it will not renewing its contract with Max Biaggi for 2008.

Suzuki and Team Alstare would like to thank Max Biaggi for his great performances and results achieved during the 2007 season, and also for his technical contribution.

Suzuki and Team Alstare would like to wish Max Biaggi all the best for the future."

ENDS

Post this stor

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I guess his actions with HRC will always haunt him

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
LMAO!

I thought he did enough to stick around more then one year with them... huh...

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm baffled!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Here's the story link: HERE

It wasn't because he sucked or whatever. Alstare is leaving WSBK as a sponsor and they couldn't then resign him. No factory rides left in GP and good luck trying to convince a factory to run a third bike for him. Only rides left are PdA Ducati (1), Gresini Honda... I think that's it. I would love to see him back in GP with all the bland personalities in there and no rivalries, it's time to throw Biaggi back in, if not for ratings. He definitely proved in WSBK that he's a cut above the rest as far as riding is concerned. Perhaps THE smoothest rider in SBK 2007. Virtually flawless without knowing many of the tracks.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
And just as I speak... Gresini opens talks with Biaggi.

LINK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Following this morning's announcement that Max Biaggi will not ride for the Alstare Suzuki WSBK team next season, Fausto Gresini has revealed that initial talks with the Roman have begun.

While all the factory rides in MotoGPhave already been taken, and only one official Kawasaki seat remains in WSBK, the satellite HondaGresini team has one ride, alongside 250 frontrunner Alex de Angelis, free for the 2008 MotoGP season.

Current occupant Toni Elias and Konica Minolta Honda's Shinya Nakano were previously thought to be favourites for the position, within what is currently the only Honda team on Bridgestonetyres, and the news that the former triple 500cc/MotoGP runner-up is also in contention will raise eyebrows.

Biaggi only moved to World Superbike - where he rebuilt his reputation this season with three wins, 17 podiums and third in the championship - after being forced out of MotoGP following a bitter split with HRC, which resulted in the loss of not only his Repsol Honda ride, but any Honda ride, for 2006.

Nevertheless, Gresini has confirmed to La Gazzetta dello Sport that he has opened preliminary negotiations with the 36-year-old...

The other seats still free in MotoGP are at d'Antin Ducatiand Team Roberts, assuming the grid remains at 19 riders.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The stories I've heard about Biaggi...I dunno...he's quite the spectacular a-hole. Especially his behavior while he was in MotoGP. The man thinks he's god's gift to racing or something...

If he's learned his lesson and humbled himself, then I wouldn't mind seeing him compete again, but his self-inflated ego was just too...distasteful.

I love the current grid in motoGP as ALL riders are gracious and humble. It's so refreshing to see it. The only rider that I see a bit of Biaggi in is Pedrosa...and well...he's Pedrosa...nuff said.

I sure hope Jorge Lorenzo doesn't behave like this...

·
Registered
842 Posts
You got to admit. That boy can ride his ass off.

·
OG
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Biaggi: Where Now?
by dean adams
Thursday, October 18, 2007

This morning's not terribly unexpected announcement from Alstare Suzuki that they will not be working with Max Biaggi in 2008 brings with it an interesting question. Where now for Biaggi?

It would seem most of the good WSBK slots are full for 2008. Does this mean Biaggi will return to MotoGP? Biaggi to Kawasaki rumors have run rampant all Summer.

Biaggi on a customer Ducati in WSBK is where some feel he will end up. Biaggi could certainly drum up the money in Italy to run such an effort but one has to wonder if team ownership is a role Max is interested in.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Interesting, Biaggi onboard possibly with Gresini. I thought he was forbidden to ride Honda...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Biaggi to Gresini Honda?

As reported last week, after Max and the Suzuki WSB team parted company recently Max has been in tentative discussions with Fausto Gresini for a MotoGP ride in 2008.

While all the factory rides in MotoGP have already been taken, and only one official Kawasaki seat remains in WSBK, the satellite Honda Gresini team still has one ride, alongside 250 frontrunner Alex de Angelis, free for the 2008 MotoGP season.

Current occupant Toni Elias and Konica Minolta Hondas Shinya Nakano were previously thought to be favourites for the position, within what is currently the only Honda team on Bridgestone tyres, and the news that former triple 500cc/MotoGP runner-up Biaggi is also in contention will raise eyebrows.

Biaggi only moved to World Superbikes - where he rebuilt his reputation this season with three wins, 17 podiums and third in the championship - after being forced out of MotoGP following a bitter split with HRC, which resulted in the loss of not only his Repsol Honda ride, but any Honda ride, for 2006.

Nevertheless, Gresini confirmed to the Italian press that he has opened preliminary negotiations with the 36-year-old, although it seems Gresini is yet to discuss the matter with Honda...

The other seats still free in MotoGP, assuming the grid remains at 19 riders, are at d'Antin Ducati and Team Roberts.
However, as expected HRC aren't keen on having Max back and the top boss of HRC has more or less told him to take a hike...

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/156355-0/honda_end_biaggi_hopes.html

Max may end up doing some sort of private Ducati deal to run in WSB but is there a team structure there to run him?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
That'd be sweet to have Biaggi back. That dude was a hot head, and he pi$$ed everyone off!! I love it!! Pi$$ing people off is the best! Hope he gets a ride.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Biaggi to Ducati in WSBK.

·
OG
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Premature Duc Elation: Biaggi To GSE Not Happening
by dean adams
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One of the requirements to go racing is that you have actual bikes.
While I think most of the world would like to see Max Biaggi on a Ducati in World Superbike next season, today's bum rush and widely-reported news that he'll be aboard the GSE team's machines in 2008 WSBK is, sadly, not true.

GSE, who ran Toseland and Hodgson in BSB and WSBK, won't be in British Superbike next season because the current Dorna rules won't allow a 1098 in with non-standard pistons. GSE reportedly wants to go WSBK racing instead, but their current sponsors aren't so keen on the move. As one might imagine, this is a a major problem.

The last I heard, GSE hadn't even ordered bikes from Corse for 2008; however, the Biaggi/GSE pairing won't happen for a variety of other reasons as well.

There are satellite WSBK Ducati teams that have ordered bikes for 2008, and would seem to have open spots, so those pining to see Max-a-million on a 1098 at Miller next year may still have a shot.

ENDS

1 - 20 of 33 Posts