Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had been planning to for awhile, finally got on it this past weekend and put together a stand. What do you guys think? Seems to do pretty good so far....I've rocked the hell out of the bike and whatnot and it seems to hold. I may go back and weld in a brace just to make me feel better but I think it's really fine already. Mostly because it was free....didn't even have to go to the hardware store.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Does it clear the tire while taking it off and putting it on the stand. Look a little close in the back. But that's awesome. Good job. Now you just need a front.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was a little hesitant the first couple times putting it up....had the fiance hold the handle bars in case of a fall....But figured out I could steady it just fine holding the rear pegs.
Only thing I wish I had done differently is make it a little longer out back for more leverage. My skinny 140lb ass has to kind of lift up on the bike as I put my foot on the stand. Guess I can always add a handle like the pit bull later.

·
Registered
937 Posts
looks good man. I knew you could do it.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cosp600rr, Thanks....I used some pics of yours when I did mine as well as regular stands. As I said before...may do a brace like you did.
SnapShot, As much as I'd like too, I'd feel terrible if something happened to someone else's bike cause of me.
VTHokie, cost was nada, nothing, 0. I just used some stuff I had laying around.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What a weakass stand. Did you flunk metal shop dude? HA HA, I'm just messin' . I know your place ain't Monster Garage, lol. :wink: Good job.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Really good job. Add that handle for more leverage and you'll pop her up like nothing.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dsf600rr said:
is it easy to put up? i found that the HINDLE and PITBULL stands are easiest to work with.

- D
I've actually never used another stand so I have nothing to compare to. But it's really easy for me...I line it up and hold one rear foot peg...put my foot on the stand and lift a little on the rear of the bike and it pops right in place.
I'm guessing one of those stands are probably a little easier with that handle out back and with the stand itself being a little longer. But to be honest, I like there not being anything out the back to trip on or knock the bike over. After using this stand for a couple days....I'm extreamely happy with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts