Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I was looking around at stands for my bike and was shocked at the prices. I decided to take some left over 1 1/2" box tubing at work and build my own. Here is the end result and it is rock solid!!
[/IMG]

Just going to paint it up tomorrow and it's all done!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So I was looking around at stands for my bike and was shocked at the prices. I decided to take some left over 1 1/2" box tubing at work and build my own. Here is the end result and it is rock solid!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Just going to paint it up tomorrow and it's all done!

Dude...wrong code! You posted it all wrong, quote my comment and pull the image code that i extracted from your post

You should have posted this

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 for cheaper this stand cost me a grand total of 0$ just from using the scrap metal from work and the welder at work!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Not a bad job. A front stand might be a little more tricky, might be worth it to give it a shot though!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm gonna make one that goes to the triple tree so I can take my forks off if I need too just waiting for more scrap box tubing at work!

·
The Real "Rondo"
447 Posts
I would suggest one thing.....

Maybe I can't tell from the pictures but it looks as though if the bike was pushed forward (not saying it would ever happen, But it could ) It would slide off the stand. Most stands wrap around something, so it's kinda locked into the stand.

I would suggest making it so the stand really holds onto the bike, Like an axel slider or something.

Let me know if I'm wrong, Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did think of that but there is enough angle on it that it won't I pushed the bike forward and backward (with assistance of coarse) just to test for that scenario and the bike and stand roll together as one!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good job, start a stand-making company, I'll finance you.

I only require 95% profit
What is that!!?

Oh fine print... how nice.. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts