Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initally bought my rear stand and then I figured that I could reproduce it with the help of my friend who welds :) We made this with some scrap square tubing we had lying around at his place. It's adjustable and the wheels are from some heavy duty casters from Harbor Freight.

Let me know what you guys think...... Honestly.....
Thanks

Alone:

At Work:

·
Registered
842 Posts
It looks good. Just get it painted or powdercoated and add a grip to it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Looks good. . makes me wish I knew how to weld. lol

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Good job on that

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nem...

Since this is the "prototype" it cost me 5.00$ for the casters that I took apart and the steel was free. The welding was also complimentary. But if I made a few and tried to sell them I would think that 40-45 dollars would be fair. As usual there is more labor to make them then the cost of the steel.

I don't even know if anyone would be interested in them. Does that price even sound fair?

Thanks to everyone who has complimented me on them.... and YES knowing how to weld is a very good trade to know :)

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts
not too shabby man. i'd probably buy one depending on how the next on turns out. you should try your hand at a fork stand next.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cha....

Yes you are right I really need to do a dual wheel setup. That was my intention initally, as if you look close the bolts are very long to accomodate a dual setup. When I went to the store they only had one set of casters that were the right size... but yeah all in all not too bad if I may say so.

jerzy...

I actually have a front stand also..... it was originally my rear stand but i made the pins for it so i can use it to lift the front tire off the ground only.... It's not for fork removal just for tire brake kind of stuff....

I can take more pics over the weekend and post them it you guys would like.

any other suggestions are appreciated.....

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
Nem...

Since this is the "prototype" it cost me 5.00$ for the casters that I took apart and the steel was free. The welding was also complimentary. But if I made a few and tried to sell them I would think that 40-45 dollars would be fair. As usual there is more labor to make them then the cost of the steel.

I don't even know if anyone would be interested in them. Does that price even sound fair?

Thanks to everyone who has complimented me on them.... and YES knowing how to weld is a very good trade to know :)
40-50 sounds very fair, my DMP was almost 70

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
matt.....

The color I agree is a little off base. The stand was welded up at my friends shop, and he also has a paint booth..... The paint they were spraying that day was a blue you see here. I just needed to get a coat of paint on it so it would not rust. The whole stand plus the paint (which is quick dry) took about 30 minutes to weld up. When I get a chance I am going to paint it a red or black to match my bike plus add another set of wheels which was also suggested......

I might be able to make a few more if there is any interest.

Thanks

cp...... Thanks this was my first attempt...

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Not bad for a job done for the 1st time and was done from scratch

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
matt.....

The color I agree is a little off base. The stand was welded up at my friends shop, and he also has a paint booth..... The paint they were spraying that day was a blue you see here. I just needed to get a coat of paint on it so it would not rust. The whole stand plus the paint (which is quick dry) took about 30 minutes to weld up. When I get a chance I am going to paint it a red or black to match my bike plus add another set of wheels which was also suggested......

I might be able to make a few more if there is any interest.

Thanks

cp...... Thanks this was my first attempt...
you did a good job maybe put some end caps on it to prevent rust too. if i didnt already have some stands id have you make me some for sure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts