Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own and/or played this game? I'm on the fence about picking it up and just wanted to get some feedback from people that have actually played it.
:gun1:

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I played the beta a little bit. When i played the only time servers were up was during the day when i work so i only played a few hours. It was decent, i'de like to check out the full version just to see how it all pans out. But from playing the beta it didn't scream "GO BUY ME NOW" so...?

·
Registered
247 Posts
A friend told me its not as good as modern warfare. They said the graphics suck and game play isn't that great.

·
5,253 Posts
Pretty much. I think it's selling point is 256-man multiplayer. It splits you up into teams of like 8 or whatever. I didn't play long enough to get to deep into it but the idea behind it is awesome. It's the players that will have to make it work tho so? Not sure about CODMW2 but 1 was a run and gun. My understanding is that mag is supposed to be a more tactical game ala socom on a MUCH bigger scale. Zipper (the guys from socom 1 and 2) are the creators so it's coming from that kind of playstyle. I personally like socom and those sort of games i enjoy codmw as well, but they are two different beasts and aren't for everyone.

·
5,253 Posts
yea but it will be amuck with kids just having no strategy at all, not even a mic.. just ruining it for ev1

Yeap thats why games like COd play better b/c you really don't have to work as a group or have strategy. Don't get me wrong it helps but the game can be played without it. I've always been a fan of stuff like SOCOM but it's a crap shoot as to whether or not your going to get in a group that actually wants to try and win.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aright, so I ended up buying it for fitty clams on craigslist a few days ago (figured I would try it, and if it sucked, I could turn around and sell it for what I paid).

The game is actually pretty fun. It's very dependent on team work - where if you don't work as a team you either get smoked quickly, or you basically gain no/little XP. The character buildup is different - basically you only have one character, and build up certain traits as you level up (you get to pick and choose between new guns, revival ability, claymores, etc).

Controls are pretty standard, although I do prefer the feel of the PS3 controller for FPS games compared to that of the 360's controls. One somewhat downside to the game is you cycle weapons by using the L2 and R2 buttons - so R2 controls main gun, or sidearms selection; while L2 cycles through grenade, health, etc (whatever you have equiped). I'd rather have button mapping for each kit, instead of trying to remember that I have to hit L2 twice to get out my f'ing health kit.

I am also very surprised, but this game have next to no little PITA bratty kids playing it screaming into the mic - I've noticed that on the PS3 network, the median age seems to be much higher than that of Xbox live. Your teamates do want to win, and 9 times out of 10 work together.

The game is a great break from MW2 (I started to get really bored with that game), it's very different in terms of control, style, etc. The only thing in common is both require you shooting other people in the face.

I will likely play MAG now instead of MW2, until BFBC2 comes out, then MAG is likely getting sold.

My $0.02 on it in case any one is curious about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I play MAG. Love it, way better than Modern Warfare 2. I used to play computer online games all the time (Delta Force, Battlefield Series, Unreal Tournament) and this has that feel. You need to work in teams in order to be sucessful. Graphics aren't as good as MW2, but they are still decent.

·
Registered
748 Posts
dude i love mag play it all the time,but play cod 2 too,mag is just way more tactical and you have to work as a team to win the objectives!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts