Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vortex Sprockets and Magnesium Wheels (Marvic Piuma)

Up for sale is a set of "almost new" Marvic Piuma Magnesium Wheels w/ 3 Vortex Sprockets (43, 44, 45) - $1550.

I'm selling this for a buddy who was planning on using it racing in WERA supersport, but found out a little too late that it wasn't legal to have them. Due to weight regulation, the magnesium wheels (or any lighter aftermarket wheel) were too light for the league and they only allowed stock wheels in competition. To make a long story short - he can't use them for racing - he already put the tires, rotors, and sprocket on, so he decided to take it out to a track day. It was used for only 1 track day - 4 sessions, at Fontana. It's in excellent/pristine condition, never crashed, and have just been taken off the bike the past weekend. These were purchased for around $2250 from HardRacing last month without the sprockets, rotors, or tires. He's looking to get at least $1550 for the wheels and will include the bearings, adapters, and cush drive (TIRES & ROTORS ARE NOT INCLUDED). He will throw in the 3 Vortex sprockets (2 of them brand new) specifically for the Marvics -- 43, 44 (used), and 45 tooth. These wheels will fit all 600rr's 03-06 and will make an excellent addition to your bike in either looks or performance!!! For additional info on the Marvics you can check here: http://www.hardracing.com/Rims/Marvic.htm
Check out the pics and PM me if you want additional ones or have any questions. They're a little dusty but nothing a little water and a terry cloth won't fix. It's being sold locally too but wanted to post it up and give my 600rr.net brethrens a chance to get their hands on some really pimp wheels! Thanks!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
nice rims. wish i still had a job. good luck on the sale

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys, price is lowered and the Vortex sprockets have been incorporated into the price. Great deal!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, but the rotors alone are about $700.... and no, he'd like to sell the sprockets with the wheels. For $1550, that's a great deal --- considering they're ultra light magnesium wheels and 3 sprockets to boot!

faygo92 said:
damn wish i had 1500 extra cash laying around! nice rims! to bad the rotors arent included thou...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts