Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, i went to change the oil today and when i pulled the drain plug the magnet was GONE. gulp. i initially put it in because its a track bike and i was seeing some metal in the oil and now there's major metal in the oil. i'm not sure how the oil flows and if it will grab on to steel somewhere along the line, or if its headed for complete disaster.

any suggestions/ideas? i have no clue as to what i should do.

f**k.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
as the title says, i went to change the oil today and when i pulled the drain plug the magnet was GONE. gulp. i initially put it in because its a track bike and i was seeing some metal in the oil and now there's major metal in the oil. i'm not sure how the oil flows and if it will grab on to steel somewhere along the line, or if its headed for complete disaster.

any suggestions/ideas? i have no clue as to what i should do.

f**k.
at this point, you should drop the oil pan and start inspecting. you might get lucky and find the magnet in the pan.
and at the same time, you can look around at the exposed parts and check for damage.

thats some shitty luck. glad you posted this. turns me off, cause i was lookin into gettin a magnetic drain plug.
can you tell us what brand or where you bought it from?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, please tell what brand. I was seriously looking at them just today. You may want to make a review thread about it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. It was a Bikemaster aluminum plug. Had I gone steel I might have been ok. I got two plugs so I looked at the other one and easily pulled the magnet out myself. Their epoxy is awful. Might work if you reattach it with some JB Weld. Anyone ever drop the pan? I have never done this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts