Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was bored and my wife gave me the great idea of saying i need black bolts on a black bike,man was she right! So i began to paint the tops of my fairing bolts than went on to other things,check the pics out and tell me what yall think. I even got a few friends and my cousin came over to get some stuff done....almost done with mine for now,just in time for bikeweek:banger: my swingarm is gonna be a pain tho

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i don't see any black bolts:retard::poke:

·
Registered
721 Posts
what kind of paint you rattling?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really like that rc-51 in the background!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
id the same thing painting my midpipe like that it really makes a big difference in appearance and i liked the out come!
yea man i love how the mid pipe turned out looks sweet with the carbon fiber,and its just something different which is what i was kinda going with:banger:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind of paint you rattling?
its 1200 degree paint bought it at advance.But after doing this mod; if i could do it over again i would use on the midpipe anyways would be the header paint they have at advance,its like 2000 degree paint or something,the first ride had a few spots that that had tiny tiny bubbles,you cant see unless you are looking for them. I will probably add some touch up with header paint this weekend when i start to pull my swingarm off:banghead:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like that rc-51 in the background!!!
yes sir me too its my cousins i love that thing man,we are painting his two bros pipes this weekend also,cant wait to see the outcome on that

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looking good, the blacker the better. Did you use the same paint on the gas cap? I'm thinking about painting mine instead of powdercoating, cheaper and faster. How did yours turn out?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man yea your thread kinda inspired this this also with my wifes help haha,i used flat black for the gas cap and just dipped each bolt and put them in a magnetic tray,i used 2 coast of flat black and after i put the clear coat it was real shiny and wanted that black satin look so i added one more coat of flat black over top of the clear"same as i di with rea pegs" and man it turned out awesome and still holding up good,very cheap and very easy

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Looks awesome..btw may I ask how did you mount yout plate like that?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts