Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a neighbor w/ a custom chopper he built. a venom pro street i think. he's been thinkin about getting a rocket too, so he wanted to ride my bike so we trade gear and hop on each others bikes and go.

that was one weird ass ride btw. soooo bumpy, and those skid lids are insane, and the seat flexes when you hit bumps, but it was still kinda cool.

so we're rollin down a street in town w/ him on my rr out front, and there's a guy standing in his driveway next to his custom chopper. my neighbor waves to the guy, and gets ignored, and i go past and wave, and the guy waves back at me :)

i was crackin up when we stopped at a gas station, and my neighbor was like "i outta go back there and tell that @$$hole that was _my_ bike"... hehehe... he was sayin he always waves no matter what bike, and most sport bike riders wave back, but he was amazed when i told him about 50% of cruisers won't wave back to me.

anyway, it gave me a chuckle, hope it did for you too :)

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
thats cool... kinda puts it all into perspective for you guys to swith bikes and that guy only waving to you... just makes each of ya think.. ya know.. same guys.. just riding.. different bikes... different attitudes towards ya..

by the way.. what did he think of the RR??

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he loved the rr really. right when we stopped the first thing he said was "you know, on my bike i'm sitting on top of it, on this bike, i feel like i'm part of it".

he was really diggin the zippy handling and throttle response. his bike redlines at like 6k or something, so he had to really make himself use the powerband on the rr. he wasn't too sure about the aggressive seating and body positioning. but overall he was all smiles and enjoyin it.

don't think i'll be buyin a cruiser anytime soon. turned like a boat, i had no idea what gear i was in at all, and damned if i wasn't worried about droppin that thing. cost 20k+!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts