Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so my MAP sensor is fried, and needs to be replaced. Here's my question though. could i just avoid doing that by installing a power commander? thoughts, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated.

Oh, and how hard would it be to replace the MAP sensor myself?

·
Registered
901 Posts
no a pc will not take care of a bad map .. it needs to be replaced the pc basically steals the injector pulse before the injector sees it and modifies the pulse the injector actually receaves .. so not having a properly working map will screw with the ecu .. some afcs for cars intercept the map signal and modify what the ecu sees to to acheave a modified fueling .. a car with a bad map still wont run right even with a piggy back beacuse there is usually no signal or an irregular signal from the map sensor ..

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting. kinda dissapointed that i don't have an excuse to get a PC. thanks a bunch element.

do you think i could pull the sensor of a junked bike to replace mine?

·
Registered
901 Posts
i dont think it should be that pricey a part prolly get stung on labor im not sure where they are at on the bike and how much work it is to replace .. i always say better to replace it with a brand new one the first time than to have to do it twice just to put a new on in the second time .. you can prolly ask around and someone will tell you how hard it is to replace .. i dont know how easy or hard it is to replace on one of these ive never done it ..

·
Registered
901 Posts
by the way what year bike is it and how many miles you got .. also who determined that was the problem??

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
little over a thousand. oh, and type-look in your signature.
shop determined problem, seems pretty consistant with the problems i was having.

·
Registered
901 Posts
isnt it under warranty ??

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
what year
i know the map for an 07 is bolted to the bottom of the airbox
the 06 is somewhere close

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like i said, your sig.

its a white and silver 2007 CBR600RR.

i lowsided at the beginning of summer in a gravel patch.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
it is very easy to replace if you dont bolt it to where the old one came off of. normally it is bolted to the bottom of the airbox with a very short vacuum hose attached to it. the easiest thing to do and will save you some effort is to unplug the old wire and hose and attach to the new one and then zip tie the new one to the wiring harness (away from anything that will snag or melt of course) and you can fix it in about 15 minutes that way

K

·
0 Posts
MAP Sensor:

Manifold
Air
Pressure

i'd just pull one off a junkyard bike. that must have been one bad lowside to FRY a MAP sensor...

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i pulled the whole airbox to replace to clutch cables though. screw the lowside. must've been a real bad hand putting it back together huh?

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since it didn't die until after i had re-assembled

oh, and i talked to my shop today, they're gonna test again just to make sure it really needs to be replaced, cuz they feel the same way you guys do--wtf?!

·
You are all sheep
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
done and done, the bikes fine and dandy. no replacement needed. Just gotta fork over the 150 for 3 hours of labor now and i'm set. thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts