Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Should marijuana be illegal

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm a die hard conservative (sorry!) and even I think it should be legal for personal use on private property. It's immensely expensive to find and prosecute people who buy or use weed. It's absolutely everywhere as well so all of the preventative measures are obviously not working. Not to mention that it really harms society a lot less than some legal drugs (alcohol and tobacco).

Legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and get the law out of our goddamn homes.

All of this coming from someone who has never used it and never wants to.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
proven gateway drug ...

unfortunitly cant be used in a responsible manor by most of the worlds population...... so no , dont legalise it , poss decriminalise,

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i think we would be able to effectively prevent other more serious crims if we didn't put so much money into this one. i think over the counter drugs and alcohol are way more harmful. i don't know anyone that has od'ed on weed, but i know people that have tried to kill themselves with tylenol...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Treat it the same as alcohol, same laws & such and I'd say its good to go.

So many people smoke it as it is, and its so played out through the entertainment biz(movies, music, even tv shows) I can't believe it hasn't already been legalized.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm a die hard conservative (sorry!) and even I think it should be legal for personal use on private property. It's immensely expensive to find and prosecute people who buy or use weed. It's absolutely everywhere as well so all of the preventative measures are obviously not working. Not to mention that it really harms society a lot less than some legal drugs (alcohol and tobacco).

Legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and get the law out of our goddamn homes.
My thoughts exactly....good post.

D

·
0 Posts
Pot is actually safer then alcohol. When have you ever seen someone get angry when they're high?

The country could make so much money by taxing pot and giving selling permits to dealers, which they'll be able to afford easily, especially with the added profits of their sales because it's now legal.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Ohhhh you guys are CCRAZY!!! who want to legalize weed! Look at what it can do to you're brain! The TV told me so!!! And the TV is my god!

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
im not a big pot smoker honestly just never enjoyed it but i think all drugs should be legal if i want to ruin my life with drugs and alcohol then cool for me.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Beer is a gateway drug, because most everyone tried beer before they tried drugs!

MAKE BEER ILLEGAL
no i love my booze, but yes i drank before i smoked pot first.
legalize it, many people can only smoke w/o having to try other REAL drugs.

i miss smoking, but my friends do say im a better person now and more like my old partying self before i just smoked all day long. but man my alcohol consumption sure has gone way up since quiting 3 months ago.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i voted no, americas population is to stupid allready, no need to have stoned idiots EVERY where

·
Registered
96 Posts
To those of you that say it is a gateway drug: Almost all of the pot smokers I know have never touched anything else and have no desire to. You can easily kill yourself with coke, heroin, ecstasy, LSD, etc. not to mention they are physically addictive (like nicotine).

It is effectively impossible to overdose on pot (you'd have to smoke 1/3 of your body weight at the same moment....see http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_overdose_on_marijuana_if_so_how) and it is not physically addictive, which makes it entirely different from most drugs. Not to mention that it doesn't give a hangover like alcohol and is effective for treating some diseases (who ever heard of alcohol being the CURE for a disease!).

Again, I'd never use it and have no desire to, but I do think the US government is making a big mistake by spending BILLIONS to prevent it instead of earning BILLIONS by making it legal and taxing it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i smoke, i enjoy to smoke a bowl before bed, during a funney movie before bed. relaxing is when i use it most.....

i love it, but i find my self just packin on a couple extra unneeded unsprug weight after a rainey in the house weekend.....

so u know where i stand

·
Registered
847 Posts
ok, i believe in the fact that people have the right to ruin their own lives by doing drugs. If they are dumb enough to do it then they should be not allowed to do get welfare since I am not paying for them to sit on their butt and get high and also they should be allowed to go nowhere in their lives.
Yes it is adictive (a proven fact that you do have withdrawl symtoms) and also i believe that an employer should be allowed to not allow his employees to smoke it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
"Mar-ij-ua-na ia every where where was you brought up?"

I no longer think the if is a factor, I believe its a when. So long as the government gets to tax it many wont have a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
1) its a lot safer driving stoned then driving drunk!!
2) I have never seen an angry person that smoked weed, whereas there are lots of angry drunks!
3) i think its safer than alcohol

1 - 20 of 219 Posts