Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone feel about Colorado and Washington state legalizing recreational use of marijuana?

I think it's great and could be a catalyst for the rest of the country. Curious how the DOJ will deal with these states.

:bandit:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live here and don't use marijuana, but voted yes to Amendment 64. I see if we can allow people to use marijuana and treat it like alcohol then it should be fine. Stoners > Drunks IMO.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Think it may take awhile for you to get some responses Jbeck. I'm sure most ppl from those states are incapacitated right now lol. I think it will make a big change. More taxes, more jail space, bigger crash crop than cotton and tobacco. Willing to bet it will lead to less use of harder drugs and ppl getting addicted to pain meds, etc.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think it may take awhile for you to get some responses Jbeck. I'm sure most ppl from those states are incapacitated right now lol. I think it will make a big change. More taxes, more jail space, bigger crash crop than cotton and tobacco. Willing to bet it will lead to less use of harder drugs and ppl getting addicted to pain meds, etc.
Agreed on all your points about taxes and more jail space, etc.

Though I'm interested to hear thoughts from people outside of those states as much as those within those states.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In 2007 California paid off 1.7 million dollars on the US det just from the taxes from bud! Legilize the whole country and we will be a rich nation in no time!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it's great as well. Get the money out of the hands of drug dealers and put it in the states hands to use for good. Public works and education will benefit instead of drug dealers. How can you argue that?

Too bad Utah will be one of the last states to jump on this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
925 Posts
i dont think it will result in as much tax revenue as youre thinking. less crowded jails will help save tax payer dollars but it wont generate taxes. the law also allows for users to grow their own up to 6 plants (if i recall correctly) so people will grow their own and not buy..hence no tax revenue.
im worried about people driving while stoned. now we have to worry about drunk and stoned drivers so the roads just became a little more dangerous.
im mixed on it..not sure how i feel. but really i think the only benefit is less crowded jails. and really whats the jail time imposed for carrying 1oz? couple days? i really dont know

·
Registered
264 Posts
i dont think it will result in as much tax revenue as youre thinking. less crowded jails will help save tax payer dollars but it wont generate taxes. the law also allows for users to grow their own up to 6 plants (if i recall correctly) so people will grow their own and not buy..hence no tax revenue.
im worried about people driving while stoned. now we have to worry about drunk and stoned drivers so the roads just became a little more dangerous.
im mixed on it..not sure how i feel. but really i think the only benefit is less crowded jails. and really whats the jail time imposed for carrying 1oz? couple days? i really dont know
Marijuana is a billion dollar industry. Do a little research and think about where that money is going now, and where it could be going if it was regulated.

Not to mention all the other benefits of hemp. It's a valuable resource that isn't being used because of it's imagine in society. A fields of help produces more paper than trees and grows back in a year instead of twenty.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Marijuana is a billion dollar industry. Do a little research and think about where that money is going now, and where it could be going if it was regulated.

Not to mention all the other benefits of hemp. It's a valuable resource that isn't being used because of it's imagine in society. A fields of help produces more paper than trees and grows back in a year instead of twenty.

^^Exactly. Its a better sub for cotton as well. If nothing else it will send a kick in the nuts to the pharm companies that release drugs that cause more probs than they cure.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Being from BC Canada I thought we would get the legalization first but glad to see our bordering state got it, it will probably effect us a bit just don't know how yet.
i thought it was legal in vancouver? i used to go up there and drink a lot years ago and swore that there was some legality to it? like you could smoke but not grow

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I don't smoke it anymore but this is my opinion.

If you are going to let people get drunk legally, then let them smoke bud. It's stupid to allow drunks out in the general public, then say stoned people are a menace,

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you guys think this will be a catalyst for the rest of the country? Will other states soon follow Colorado and Washington?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
People aren't going to start driving high just because weed is legal...those that smoke have always driven that way! Besides, it's a hell of a lot safer than driving drunk. At least high drivers are going really slow and trying hard, the drunks just drive faster and more reckless!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
282 Posts
People aren't going to start driving high just because weed is legal...those that smoke have always driven that way! Besides, it's a hell of a lot safer than driving drunk. At least high drivers are going really slow and trying hard, the drunks just drive faster and more reckless!

Hell yes! I am a great example

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i thought it was legal in vancouver? i used to go up there and drink a lot years ago and swore that there was some legality to it? like you could smoke but not grow
Medical use is legal but for recreational use its still illegal. In BC it's just a lot more tolerated then anywhere else in Canada.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Pot is VERY easy to grow, as easy as tomatoes in your garden. When and If New York legalizes it, No way would I go out and buy it. I'd have my six or whatever plants, which could produce up to 1.5 lbs of pot which is waaayyyy too much for me in a year. I'd give away what I had leftover.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts