Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am a college student and we have to do a class on the marketing channels of a product. I was going to do it on 600RR's or Honda motorcycles in general. I am just asking if some of you can help me with this if your in the business. What the teacher wants is for us to get as detailed as possible with the bike, like where they dunlop tires come from, the nsin break, the paint, the plastic for the bikes, etc etc. Where you get the bikes from if your a retailer, where the warehouses are at and even where the honda plant to build the bikes is here in the US. If you have any info at all you think can help. I OWE YOU BIG TIME. THanks for your help :idea:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know mine came from the warehouse in OHIO after it was shipped from Japan... the rest of the stuff might be able to be found on google

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Whoppyjon91 said:
Ok i am a college student and we have to do a class on the marketing channels of a product. I was going to do it on 600RR's or Honda motorcycles in general. I am just asking if some of you can help me with this if your in the business. What the teacher wants is for us to get as detailed as possible with the bike, like where they dunlop tires come from, the nsin break, the paint, the plastic for the bikes, etc etc. Where you get the bikes from if your a retailer, where the warehouses are at and even where the honda plant to build the bikes is here in the US. If you have any info at all you think can help. I OWE YOU BIG TIME. THanks for your help :idea:
I'd pick a different product. Automotive components come from all around the world. We have a plant up the road, Borg Warner Automotive that makes strictly timing chains and gears. Every Part of the RR including the smallest screws probably comes from a different country.

Pick something like a local microbrewery, At least the research would be fun. Find out who makes thier bottles, labels, where they buy thier hops, etc... Toooo damned many channels of suppliers in automotive.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i don't have to do everything, he is just looking for the main idea, and to see students put some time into it, it is not like a 100 point project or anythign only 25 pts.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Whoppyjon91 said:
well i don't have to do everything, he is just looking for the main idea, and to see students put some time into it, it is not like a 100 point project or anythign only 25 pts.
Try to contact Honda directly, see if they can help you out. They are the only people with thier supplier info, problem is, the ones that know probably speak japanese. It sounds like a good learning project though. It'll give you a good idea of how products are actually produced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm confused...Is the project about sourcing all the different components for the bike? Or is it on the marketing channels Honda is using to sell the bike to the public? The first one is about the relationship that Honda has with the different suppliers, the later is about Honda's relationship with the different dealers.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I was a marketing major and was confused as well, but did a bunch of similar projects I bet.--Are you getting into supply chain management, just in time delivery and all that crap or you just tryimg to figure out where all the parts are comming from for production purposes?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Agree with bestia and zeus...when I was reading your post, I was thinking you were talking more about supply chain....doesn't sound at all light marketing channels.

Find out exactly what your teacher wants. If s/he is still referring to what you were talking about as "marketing channels"...well, I'd find a new teacher! :lol2:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the confusion, the class is Marketing Channel Management. what we are to do is pick a product such as beer, clothes, or in my cases motorcycles. and make a poster board the shows all the compents or some of them that go into making the product and where they all come from and how it ends up getting to us. so like tires from michigan, brakes from whereever, and then to wholesaler and then to the retail shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts