Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
grave you like the z06, I am really thinking about a 2006 model! If not then an S2000

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
farbio615 said:
grave you like the z06, I am really thinking about a 2006 model! If not then an S2000
I Test drove the 2006 with high expectations. While it is quick, and well behaved and totally throttle responsive (I played drifter with the sales rep saying how well I hold the lines :) :) :) )

....I did not like it at all.

The throw is too long with the factory shifter. While that can be fixed with a short throw shifter, and the interior is a definite step forward, for me I did not feel as connected as I like to be to the road, especially in such a fast car.

Id rather have the grin across my face than having the numbers on paper, but I pick my toys differently than others. If you like a fast, burly, mean sounding car then there is nothing in that price range that will come close.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mattvirus said:
you think this bag would look OK on a blue RR ?...
I think it will look great on any color RR. It specifically goes well with any RR with silver lowers. Plus, it doesnt get as hot as a black bag, which bakes on long sunny rides.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think someone here made a typo or is blowing smoke up everyones ass! 2006 Z06 (corvette with 505hp, etc, etc) still is in delelopment. The vehicle hasn't been driven by anyone outside of the development team and maybe a couple of big wigs at GM.

If you meant a 2005, simple mistake. The 2006 (actually is a 2007 releasing in 2006) is a totally different beast compared to model thats out right now. GM big wigs (Bob Lutz) has been quoted to say that the Ferrari F430 & Lambo Gallardo will be playing catch up when it comes to performance firgures. . .

Sorry! I'm a big car nut and got ahead of myself. The S2000 is an awesome car but not even remotely in the same league as a 2006/7 Z06

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mitchlguzin said:
I think someone here made a typo or is blowing smoke up everyones ass! 2006 Z06 (corvette with 505hp, etc, etc) still is in delelopment. The vehicle hasn't been driven by anyone outside of the development team and maybe a couple of big wigs at GM.

If you meant a 2005, simple mistake. The 2006 (actually is a 2007 releasing in 2006) is a totally different beast compared to model thats out right now. GM big wigs (Bob Lutz) has been quoted to say that the Ferrari F430 & Lambo Gallardo will be playing catch up when it comes to performance firgures. . .

Sorry! I'm a big car nut and got ahead of myself. The S2000 is an awesome car but not even remotely in the same league as a 2006/7 Z06

I didn't read his post as that...since a current model ZO6 doesn't exist. I read it as 2 completely separate statements:

1. How do you like your 2004 zo6
2. I am thinking about picking up a 2006 vette

But back to topic!!! Buy my bag!! :)

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
I have actually driven the 2004 zo6 with a ram air setup. All I can say is WOW! The same car is scheduled for a supercharger and all I can think is OMG! Oh yeah, you haven't driven the 2006, sorry.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flamedRRider said:
I have actually driven the 2004 zo6 with a ram air setup. All I can say is WOW! The same car is scheduled for a supercharger and all I can think is OMG! Oh yeah, you haven't driven the 2006, sorry.

Yah sorry I meant I drove a 2005, but I never said 2005 z06.

Buy my bag :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
$40 shipped? PM me your paypal and that badboy is sold. I need a tankbag for my out to the motoGP races ;-)

·
Registered
286 Posts
s o l d ;-)

Pretty sure you sent me wrong paypal information. Waiting for a reply from you then will send you $$

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mattvirus said:
s o l d ;-)

Pretty sure you sent me wrong paypal information. Waiting for a reply from you then will send you $$
correct info sent, So I guess it is sold!

Thanks all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts