Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I have a 04 600RR. I parked my bike late night on thursday outside. when i went to start the bike sunday afternoon it choked a little and it pushed about 2 cups of water out of the exhaust. after about a minute of idling i revved it and more water came out. also the whole time bike was running there was water sipping out of the bottom where my slip on is connected.

I understand there is condensation buid up and such but reading other threads, no one described mass amount of water coming out, just white smoke and some mist spray when revved.

please help me understand the couse of this water build up.
it barely rained that weekend and i didnt wash the bike so there wasnt any water that got poured in the exhaust.

I appreciate all the help

thanks

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Sounds like someone poured water in to the exhaust. If I we're you I'd unbolt the mid pipe and slip on and vacuum the remaining water out.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I was thinking that as well. Or hopefully no one decided to take a piss in your exhaust.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Either someone is playing a very bad prank on you or more rain than you thought got in it. A nice cool rain will only aid in the condensation. My bike is parked in a insulated garage all winter(wont ever go below ~40F) and if i waited a month to fire it up it would take a bit to blow the moisture and water out. A little would also drip from beneath the bike.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It does sound like a bad prank. As for the leaking/dripping where your mid-pipe connects. Some after market exhausts are manufactured in a way to allow for the condensation to exit the pipe/muffler. I know my Yoshi has to spots were it allows water to escape.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think its piss, it was clear water and had no smell to it. that would be stupid of someone if its a prank.

is there a chance that it could accumulate that much condensation? if so, is there any way to prevent it besides parking it in the garage or warm climate

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I dont think its piss, it was clear water and had no smell to it. that would be stupid of someone if its a prank.

is there a chance that it could accumulate that much condensation? if so, is there any way to prevent it besides parking it in the garage or warm climate
I would think the only way would be parking in a warm garage and/or finding something to plug the exhaust like on a dirtbike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Definitely drain the system and see if this happens again. I've never seen this on my bike in the amounts your talking about even after having my bike soaked outdoors for more than 24 hours.

check for airleaks in your exhaust system. Also what are you using for your cooling system? Water or coolant? If its normal in your climate then other bikes should also be experiencing your concern to an extent. Otherwise the prank scenario might be possible.

·
Registered
458 Posts
uhhh did you perhaps wash your bike Friday or Saturday and accidentally spray into your exhaust can?:retard:Stupid question maybe but had to ask.........other than that I got nothing. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i havent done drain or anything like that, i had no choice but to ride it when it did the whole water thing, i think all the water that was there got evaperated. i been watching it sinse and have not seen anymore excess water coming out, just slight smoke out of the tail when its cold, which i know is normal

attached pics show where it was leacking (hopefully pics will work)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
falls alarm thinking that there is something wrong with the bike, my nephew put water down my pipe (he is 4). im glad it didnt ruin it

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I was at least right on the prank part. Glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Busyy you are totally following me with the thread posting tonight!!!
:bootyshak:crackup::ciao:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts