Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 03 cbr 600rr(attach a pic). the bike has a salvage title so I have to get it inspected. blah blah blah. btw before someone says dont trust salvage titles, the person I am buying it off of, ive been working with for 2yrs. anyways the only problem with the bike is a cracked front fairing. I have insurance claim reports saying that all the claims are cosmetic, no frame or structural damage. I was wondering how much of a b!tch its going to be to get riding on this thing? can I ride it as is/will it pass? or will I need to replace front plastic before itll pass. any help is appreciated. thanks and look twice.

the crack. ^ everything else was totaled because of small scratches.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i don't know if you'd actually have to fix anything to make it road worthy as long as the headlight isn't damaged. you might just have to take it to an rmv or something for an inspection to see if they think it should be on the road, that's what they do in nc at least

·
Registered
416 Posts
^I don't know the actual process, but you may have a shot if you have documentation that it was merely cosmetic damage. I have never heard of anyone in MA being able to get their Salvage title rectified to a Reconstructed out of difficulty, but I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully all goes well!

·
Registered
416 Posts
You guys all from Boston? I've been looking for some guys on the forums from Mass to ride with... if you guys would be down to meet half way or something I'm about an hour west of you.

·
Registered
545 Posts
y do u need to get it inspected? i thought they did away with inspections......even so you dont need to do anything. As long as the bike runs and only a fairing is cracked (not dangling off) youll be gud to go. dont replace the fairing until you have extra money just enjoy it. black duck tape will also do the job if money is tight.....from 10 ft away nobody will notice

·
Registered
112 Posts
David, what is that GIF from. I see it all over the place. I'd love to see what they are looking at.
I think it's from a Survivor episode. I thought it was funny.

You guys all from Boston? I've been looking for some guys on the forums from Mass to ride with... if you guys would be down to meet half way or something I'm about an hour west of you.
I'm north of Boston about 20 minutes. We take frequent night rides to Boston and are usually on our bikes all day Saturday and Sunday. You also can find us at Hooters I think Tuesdays is bike night over there but I go there for the food.. and boobs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i don't know if you'd actually have to fix anything to make it road worthy as long as the headlight isn't damaged. you might just have to take it to an rmv or something for an inspection to see if they think it should be on the road, that's what they do in nc at least
hey i know you!:ciao:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.