Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a new chain w/ new sprockets, but as I was putting on the the master link (rivet type), it didn't look right. It didn't sit flush with the rest of the chain. Now after reading some threads, I think I got a little anxious and tightened it to fast and hard. My questions are:

Since it's a rivet type, I have to start with a new master link. Its an RK chain, Can I get just any RK master link (rivet type/clip type), or does it have to be for my specific type chain (525xowhatever)?

Is there a way to break it at the master link, or do I have to take out the links around the master link?

Your help is very much appriciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
You just need a new master link and you need to buy the master link thats made for the chain. (pitch - oring type). Just need to replace the master link not the links around it.

I would buy the RK chain tool and its really easy to use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have the RK chain tool, and could tell from the first use it was a wise investment. Also, where the hell can I buy a master link from. My chain is the RK GB525XSO type. I googled it and could only find the standard RK 525 master link. Would that one work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts