Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a 2009 600 RR Bright Green Metallic like 2 days back and would like to see suggestions / pictures of all you folks who ride this bike. My previous bike was a red and so did not want to buy another red and green is the color that looked very good.

I know that this color is kinda odd and it not being a unique color there is not much out there that matches. I know I can go with black but I am person who believes in safety first and I think you need to have bright colors to be more visible to all the cagers out there who are trying to kill you.

Another alternative I am considering for the helmet is to buy a flat black helmet and getting it wrapped with one of the local stores in a design that flows with the bike.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have this bike and I gave up on trying to match. Have a black jacket and a blue Pedrosa Arai helmet. All the green helmets I found were crap, or they were just kawasaki green. I also bought a black/silver Shoei.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Didnt find any green jackets but they have alot of green helmets around. these are just afew

·
Registered
104 Posts
i tried the same thing as you and came up short with matching the green correctly. ended up just getting a flat black helmet and black jacket. but if you got the black helmet and had someone do details in the correct green that would be pretty sick! let us know how that goes id' like to see it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. As some of you have stated, literally every single green in the market is a "Kawi" green. And I am totally against using a black color as it is pretty bad in terms of visibility.

Today I went to a local helmet wrap store and they looked at the bike and came up with a lime green color that should be close to the color of my bike. They are going to call me with a design that will kinda match the bike. I'be also requested they put some subtle design on the helmet.

I plan to buy a metallic black helmet and then get it wrapped. The shop is going to charge me about 100$ to do this. I am presently looking at Scorpion, Shoei. I'll keep you posted.

I am still undecided on what to buy for the jacket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. As some of you have stated, literally every single green in the market is a "Kawi" green. And I am totally against using a black color as it is pretty bad in terms of visibility.

Today I went to a local helmet wrap store and they looked at the bike and came up with a lime green color that should be close to the color of my bike. They are going to call me with a design that will kinda match the bike. I'be also requested they put some subtle design on the helmet.

I plan to buy a metallic black helmet and then get it wrapped. The shop is going to charge me about 100$ to do this. I am presently looking at Scorpion, Shoei. I'll keep you posted.

I am still undecided on what to buy for the jacket.

Update????

·
Registered
66 Posts
icon has a jacket called the ARC leather that has a bright green. never seen it in person so i'm not sure if it matches or not

I have that jacket and that bike, and I can say that it matches pretty well. I went with the Akuma Phantom Helmet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this is an old thread but finally got my helmet custom painted. Here are the pics, it's a Shoei-X11

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
like the graphics on the custom lid.

I wouldn't have gone through so much trouble to match my gear to my bike though, but that is just me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Looks awesome !!!

I need to find a local store that paints helmets, I am wearing all black right now for the same reason

SHIFT has a nice grilled cheese for spring/summer that kind of matches on the Jacket

I have a Shift Black Leather Jacket I am using for now

·
Registered
128 Posts
like the graphics on the custom lid.

I wouldn't have gone through so much trouble to match my gear to my bike though, but that is just me.
:+1: looks very clean however its all about how the gear protects you, not how it looks on you. But still a very nice lid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts