Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my matte black punisher fairings, i got from CBRfairings.com. I noticed that the paint seems to be only one layer (cbr fairings are cheap) or it chips and scratches very easily because it is matte. Luckily the scratches i have noticed are small and are not anywhere that are visible. I am concerned that after riding for a little bit my front fairing will have rock chips all over it.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with there matte fairings?

Are there any products that can be applied to the paint before i go out riding to protect it?

Any input or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
should have had cbrfairings put more layers of clear coat. they would have done it for free.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I think thats pretty normal with aftermarket fairings. I think they all need more clearcoat... I know mine chip pretty easily also...

·
Registered
10 Posts
just got my fairings from cbrfairings.com.....not happy!

i just submitted a ticket to them with photos of fairings that i got in mail! four different pieces have chips or scratches in the paint! very unhappy, i am wondering how they will take care of it? after mixed reviews i decided to go with them cause of the more good reviews i have seen. good luck with your fairings!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also wouldn't buy from them again! Best of luck contacting them there website no longer exists.

I was thinking rattle canning would be visible where I did touch ups. I also have the stripe and the punisher skull so i can't just take off the plastic and respray the whole thing to make it an even coat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after hours of googling this problem pretty much came up with nothing. So i decided to get some touch up paint from the local autozone and the dr beasley stuff to put on before i take it out of the garage for the first time this year.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm repainting my fairings right now
and if you scratch matt than it's over
You can not buff it out because you will give it a glossy look

·
Registered
913 Posts
Dupicolor has matte clear coat in a can you can spray right out of the can and dries within minutes...you need a HVLP paint gun to spray it but I used the matte clear coat on my fairings and has held up very well... NO chips so far....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts