Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a LONG time since I posted on here. I had my 600RR in April of 03, and by September I traded it and the SPEED Channel 636 for my 954. After some thought and thinking of the big picture I may come back to 600's. Now I have ridden the 600RR, 636, and an 04 Gixxer6. I'm a little up in the air as to which to get. Two downers to the 600RR to me are plastic tank shell(so no tank bag), and the center-up exhaust leading to the dreaded lack of cargo space for anything much larger then a damn band-aid. Any thoughts? I know most will obviously say the 600RR.

Dano

V

·
0 Posts
...wait wait wait.. I know it is off topic.... but you traded a 5 month old 2003 600RR AND a 2003 Kawi Zx6 for a 2002 954?? ...now that is bad business.

As for your question, I would wait to see what the new R6 is looking like. Get whatever one you think looks best and fits your best because they are all the same performance wise. You can cure the plastic shell problem with the Bagster tank bag or some that tie on.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 636, but it would be a toss up between the '04 gixxer6 and the 600rr. for the statements about why not the 600rr, here are my remarks:

plastic tank cover therefore no tankbag -
1) not so, just get a non-magnetic tank bag. problem solved...
2) a small tail bag is just a usefull as a tankbag excluding the map feature... but that can be easily solved my a tank mounted map pouch.

center-up exhaust therefore lack of cargo room -
1) you'll have a tankbag so that's no big deal... plus, what do you need all that room for?
2) the center up exhaust will save your can in the case of a lowside...

as for the gixxer, i haven't personally riden one. the only think i can think of other than cargo space is more padding on the seat, but that's only a big deal if your but is made of glass... ;-)

personally, i could go either way, but i would lean towards the 600rr...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well don't go thinking it was a straight up trade...I ended up on the good side of the tracks trust me.

I was hoping to hear if Honda was going to do something in 05 with the 600RR. As far as the R6 goes...didn't even know they were going to change it.

Dano

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hondaf4iguy said:
Dano, so you come back! Does that mean I can get you for flaming (ok, not flaming, but ragging on) me over at .org?
Go for it dude. No harm no foul.

I'm just a little depressed I lost my post count here...bummer. I thought I had way more then 66 posts. I remember when there were very few peeps on this board, now look at it.

Dano

C

·
0 Posts
Dano,
Give us some more details about the deal you made for the 954. I gotta hear how that ended up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neverest said:
I've seen the 04 gixxer6 in person, and watched it chew up the track and I have to say, if I was going to switch to another bike, it'd be that one. Hands down.
A friend of mine has an 04 Gixxer6 with a full Akrapovic...all I have to say is that thing gets up and moves. The seat is way better then my 600RR was and it's really damn light. I still found my 600RR to be a bit more stable in corners, especially bumpy ones, you couldn't move my 600RR. After riding it I didn't stink like exhaust fumes like I did on my 600RR either. Oh and the brakes are pretty damn sweet too.

Dano

C

·
0 Posts
Wazup Dano.. Welcome back! I thought you were going to keep the 600RR no matter what.. You :twak: traitor.. GET HIM! :horseride: BTW I was wondering what happened to you :scratch: I'd wait till the 05 CBR600RR comes :Fiddy: out..

·
Registered
990 Posts
man if you are looking for tank space check out the triumph daytona 600

I have that thing...and there is SO much tank space

once I put in 3 bottles of water in the trunk...great bike too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts