Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short; I wrecked my bike. Now the handle bar hits the windscreen faring when i turn hard left. the suspension seems to be ok, and i didnt notice any bends in the tubes.
what could this be?
also i am reinstalling the farings because i took them off for paint, and they don't seem to be lining up correctly. i am guessing this has something to do with the bent what ever. i did notice that some metal thing is slightly cracked. it connects directly to the downtube and has 4 bolts, which have metal tabs covering them so that you can't unscrew them. i will post pics if needed.

any help would be greatly appreciated. and maybe a link to a video showing how to reinstall the top and mid farings.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The fairing stay is directly behind the cluster itself and right below that is the air intake tube 07-08 model any ways

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at microfische and found what i was talking about. CLICK HERE
find the number 25, and look directly below it. the part that is cracked is not actually the frame, but the piece that attaches to the frame. i am still thinking that the crack is not the reason for the handle bars hitting the windscreen because you can barely see it, and it's not really pulling on anything.
is the piece that connects part of the faring stay for this bike or is that piece something else?
can you actually bend a faring stay?
any other ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another find. HERE
the part that is cracked is part of the air intake duct. it is the very back piece that connects to the frame (made of metal).
i really don't think this would mess with the handle bars.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the fairing stay on my bike shattered and also got really tweeked, so it is very possible that its bent but it can only bend so far mind you. that piece that goes on the nose of the frame may not be removable but i might be wrong when i go home tonight ill check it out that duct is not made of metal
That duct is also plastic and it can tweek the rest of the front end a little bit for the reason that it is what holds the fairing stay up too

·
Registered
283 Posts
that fairing stays are cheap aluminum and yes they bend and will affect id the brake res hits the plastic. what year is your bike? It bolts on just get a new one or try to bend it back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that fairing stays are cheap aluminum and yes they bend and will affect id the brake res hits the plastic. what year is your bike? It bolts on just get a new one or try to bend it back.
i have an 08.
upon closer inspection..... when i drive the bike the wheel is straight when the bars are not. if you look at the posts where the forks come through the triple tree they are not level when the wheel is pointed ahead. any idea? a local shop said they might be able to put it on a rack and straighten it back up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
you were talking about hte plastic before and now your talking about the frame being tweaked. if the frame is tweaked your done. the stress you have to put into it to bend it back will tear the aluminum apart. if it was a steel frame thats different they can bend those back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you were talking about hte plastic before and now your talking about the frame being tweaked. if the frame is tweaked your done. the stress you have to put into it to bend it back will tear the aluminum apart. if it was a steel frame thats different they can bend those back.
eh. im not really sure what i am talking about now. i got them close to normal when i unscrewed the stem bolt and turned hard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts