Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://rogue.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=513090354&f=8993021453&m=9211021721&r=7751068721#7751068721

This thread explains what I am dealing with. The RC51 Rogue site isn't what it used to be.

Bike starts and idles then dies when the throttle is opened.

Last summer it delveloped a rough spot at about 6-7K rpm when the throttle was held steady. I thought it was just the plugs needing to be replaced. Took it out on the track a couple weekends ago and it was runing like crap with the rough spot now up around 8-9k. It as like fuel was intermittently being cut off and the bike would jerk and sputter at over 100mph. Not very fun. So i dumped some injector cleaner in the tank with some hi octane stuff hoping that it was maybe gummed up injectors. The bike started running better then on the last lap just died mid-turn. After turning it over a bunch it started and I was able to ease the clutch out and ride at an idle back to the pits. Any gas an it would just die as it sounded like no fuel was getting into the motor.

So if it starts and idles....whats happening and going wrong when the throttle is being opened?

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
hmmm... someone just dropped off an '03 RC51 for fuel injector issues. lemme check on it tomorrow. maybe a bad fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first stop is the fuel pump. It would make sense that the rough spot was due to inconsistent fuel pressure while the throttle was held consistent. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas.

See if it idles before you replace the fule pump.

Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
if you're somewhat mechanically inclined you might want to check out your T.P.S. sensor, sounds like it may be reading wrong and when you give it gas the sensor may be telling the ecu to inject more fuel than needed causing the bike to stall. Just an idea.

·
Registered
811 Posts
could be a number of things......eric give me a call and if you want i'll stop by and we'll see if we cant figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts