Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, most of you have probably seen my bike in the classified section. Well I have my heart set on a new 1000. I know some will criticize. I dont want to hear it. I like the bigger bikes because they give me a little more leg room and a little more reach. i am 6'3 and about 289.

Anyway my local stealership has a leftover 2005 Blue R1. I really like this bike. For some reason I feel a lot more comfortable and stable while riding it. I ride my buddies a lot. I also love the 2006 Blue and Yellow 1000. I will make my decision tom.

Well what is a good OTD on a left over R1? In your opinion. Any experience with a leftover bike. They have been sitting on it for a while. Its not in showroom anymore, its in back of warehouse and its all dusty. I sat on it yesterday along with the 1000RR.

What should I do???? I already know what most of your responses are. Just thought I would ask.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
you must be in the wrong forum.
who's criticizing.....us?? naw, we dont do that here hahaha!:jerkit: :icon_lol:

both bikes are awesome lookin. i have never ridden either one.
cant go wrong with either one though.
but if i were in the same situation as you...
id probably go for the R1.
jus cause i think it would be cheaper...since its a leftover.
and you stated you feel more comfortable on it.

cant help ya with the OTD prices....
ive stopped doing research for a
bike since ive gotten my RR.
wont be lookin for another bike for awhile....
least til i get a glimpse of the 07 600RR.

gl with your decisions mang!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys. 600rr.net member in need of advice...

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have only rode an r1... so I really can't tell you which one I like better... What I do know though... the 1000rr in blue and yellow is much better looking(in my eyes)...so that gets my vote...plus it's a honda so your still in the family

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I really like R1's they look sweet. I also love the new 1K RR. The only thing the R1 has on the RR looks wise are the projector headlight. They both are powerful rides but I would pay more for the Honda.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
IMO the Honda liter is sexier, the gixxer is sexier & faster so now you must ask yourself "How bad do I want this R1? Since I'll be dropping 10 grand on this bike anyway, is this my Dream Bike? Am I getting a VERY sweet deal for the dust?" Ask yourself these three questions and you'll have your answer, in the end it's what you want that matters. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
To give you an idea on OTD prices on left over new bikes, here was my experience:

In April of 20O4 I bought a brand new 2002 CBR954RR they had still sittin in the showroom. That bike was usually roughly $13k OTD when they were still popular but at the time the 1000RR's were just out and no one wanted the 954's. Took many hours and days of negotiating, but in the end I gave them my trashed 98 CBR600F3 for $4000 (haha) and handed em $4000 cash. So i walked out the door with a brand new 954 for $8k, which i thought was a pretty good deal. You might not be able to work the same angle because not much has changed from the 05 R1's to 06 but the dealerships still always wanna get rid of their old stock ... hope this helps and good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts