Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
just been topping up my engine oil and notice a little mayo looking substance on the bottom of the oil cap,engine oil is clear and fine,is it just a little condensation build up?
​​​​​​​ Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Really?
I was hoping it was condensation as I only do short miles (3)when I commute,I’ve not noticed any coolant loss at the moment!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Really?
I was hoping it was condensation as I only do short miles (3)when I commute,I’ve not noticed any coolant loss at the moment!
That is most likely what it is. Get the bike out and ride it a good long time and see if it goes away.

Most likely it will.

Nothing likes short hops like that, not even your car. You really need to warm it up and get thenengine good and warm.

Maybe ride a bicycle instead.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It could just be condensation. I've had this happen with a couple bikes.(old beater dirtbikes) If your oil gets milky looking though u may have an internal coolant leak. Usually a failed waterpump seal or a head gasket. Just keep an eye on your oil color & look for changes in it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I’ll keep an eye on it,oil colour is fine,am going to change that along with the filter in a few weeks anyway. Obviously I’ll be losing lots of water if it had a head gasket issue?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve took it far a long run and no sign of any deposits on oil filler/cap,so it’s most likely condensation from cold and short runs. I did remove the oil cap while the engine was idling and noticed light puffs of air gently blowing from the engine,is this an issue,I’ve always thought it should suck air and not puff out of there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts