Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried ordering OEM plastics before, it's absolutely madening! Between color codes, type one, type two, area A, and area AC, it's easy to loose ones bearings on what to order. I have a 05 600 RR in the all glossy black scheme (NH1Y) and I ordered the lower right belly plastic for my 05 600 RR. The piece I got was a mat black instead of the glossy black and I belive I was given the wrong part. I called Honda directly and they said the part number I ordered was correct for 2005 NH1Y color code from the area A column. Just an FYI, the area A column is based off your VIN.
I am the second owner of the bike and I am wondering if the PO repainted the lower cowls on the bike to match the rest of the cowls. Did the OEM glossy black 2005 paint scheme come with a mat color to the lower belly panels or did the belly cowls match the rest of the bike? I have been looking around at images online, but I can't find any thing that points to a positive yes or no. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
384 Posts
On a 2005, the lower fairings ("belly pan" area with "HONDA" on it) should be a matte black, while the rest was glossy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a 2005, the lower fairings ("belly pan" area with "HONDA" on it) should be a matte black, while the rest was glossy.
This is the info I'm looking for. It's sounding like I ordered the right part... just wasn't aware of them being a matte black.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im doing the same thing for a buddy right now and it sucks...But this is a good website cause it has a micro phech...(my spelling sucks) and it seems to work and makes things alot nicer..Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts