Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati will feature in the new series of National Geographic’s popular TV program, Megafactories, with an episode dedicated to revealing how the Italian factory created the innovative and highly technological Multistrada 1200 S.

The 55 minute program, which was recorded entirely at Ducati’s headquarters in Bologna and surrounding areas, is a “must see” for any motorcycle enthusiast. Interviews with all key personnel involved in the Multistrada project, from Ducati President and CEO, Gabriele Del Torchio, to his team of designers, engineers, technicians and line workers, provide an exciting insight to the Multistrada story and an incredibly detailed view behind the scenes of the planning, design and engineering process of the famous factory in Bologna. Underlining the exclusiveness of the Megafactories material, camera crews were even allowed normally forbidden access to the top secret Ducati Corse racing department to reveal how the innovative 4-bikes-in-1 Multistrada combined technologies developed in the world of racing to set new industry benchmarks for road-going motorcycles.

National Geographic capture the passion of the famous Ducati brand and the strength of its loyal community of fans while documenting an in-depth and fascinating account of the concept, design, development, manufacture and assembly of the award-winning Multistrada.

·
Registered
402 Posts
wow good vid but that bike is just so UGLY!!!

oh and those two girls @ 41:04...they can polish my bike any time!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
the new multi is an all rounder bike. very fast like a superbike! rode my friends and its even faster than a 600 ss. and it cost double the 600s price. awesome bike! handles like a bigger supermoto. took it to 275kph and it can still move on a bit.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Ducati will feature in the new series of National Geographic’s popular TV program, Megafactories, with an episode dedicated to revealing how the Italian factory created the innovative and highly technological Multistrada 1200 S.

The 55 minute program, which was recorded entirely at Ducati’s headquarters in Bologna and surrounding areas, is a “must see” for any motorcycle enthusiast. Interviews with all key personnel involved in the Multistrada project, from Ducati President and CEO, Gabriele Del Torchio, to his team of designers, engineers, technicians and line workers, provide an exciting insight to the Multistrada story and an incredibly detailed view behind the scenes of the planning, design and engineering process of the famous factory in Bologna. Underlining the exclusiveness of the Megafactories material, camera crews were even allowed normally forbidden access to the top secret Ducati Corse racing department to reveal how the innovative 4-bikes-in-1 Multistrada combined technologies developed in the world of racing to set new industry benchmarks for road-going motorcycles.

National Geographic capture the passion of the famous Ducati brand and the strength of its loyal community of fans while documenting an in-depth and fascinating account of the concept, design, development, manufacture and assembly of the award-winning Multistrada.
nice vid mate:thumbup:

the new multi is an all rounder bike. very fast like a superbike! rode my friends and its even faster than a 600 ss. and it cost double the 600s price. awesome bike! handles like a bigger supermoto. took it to 275kph and it can still move on a bit.
faster than a 600 supersport??? wow didnt know that, imppressive.. my cousin got rid of his 08 R1 and got one of these. i thought it was a really nice looking bike for what it is, also comfy as hell!

on another note. i was commuting to work the other morning and was behind a ducati hypermotard. really digged the look of it bigtime :eek:hyeah: had me thinking i wouldnt mind getting one for commuting myself. when we were lane splitting in the heavy traffic the guy would fold his mirrors in when getting to a tight spot and blast off, the mirrors are on the end of the handlebars. i couldnt do that with mine as i have aftermarket mirrors now after a little dropping incident the other week, when i twist the mirror it loosens the screw holding the mirror:cursin:. (a little warning to people who need mirrors, buy OEM!! especially if you need to fold your mirrors in and out a lot) really cool looking bike though :cruising:

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
gotta love that v-twin torque
after riding a 1200 fuel injected v-twin even my 750k6 trackbike felt anemic
not slow, but definitely down on power compared to the big twin lump

thanks for the reminder panda

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
nice vid mate:thumbup:

faster than a 600 supersport??? wow didnt know that, imppressive.. my cousin got rid of his 08 R1 and got one of these. i thought it was a really nice looking bike for what it is, also comfy as hell!

on another note. i was commuting to work the other morning and was behind a ducati hypermotard. really digged the look of it bigtime :eek:hyeah: had me thinking i wouldnt mind getting one for commuting myself. when we were lane splitting in the heavy traffic the guy would fold his mirrors in when getting to a tight spot and blast off, the mirrors are on the end of the handlebars. i couldnt do that with mine as i have aftermarket mirrors now after a little dropping incident the other week, when i twist the mirror it loosens the screw holding the mirror:cursin:. (a little warning to people who need mirrors, buy OEM!! especially if you need to fold your mirrors in and out a lot) really cool looking bike though :cruising:
yup it is fast and very comfy bike! ofcourse! its a tourer! but runs like a superbike :crackup:

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
It took about 30 seconds to fall in love with my 1098S when I first rode it. It still thrills me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts