51,153 Posts
I thought Loris already signed for Suzuki and if its true and
Marco signed for Ducati then watch out that will be a team to
tough to match up against so would be a team of Rossi & Lorenzo
let the Saga begin

N

·
0 Posts
Kinda off topic but Stoner is a beast on that Ducati! Man, is this the end of Rossi?

Ducati picking up Melandri is going to be a tough beat but I can't wait to see how well Lorenzo and Dovizioso will perform next year!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Imagine Lorenzo on the Yama & Dovizioso on the Duc
in future rounds that would be racing at its best

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I thought Loris already signed for Suzuki and if its true and
Marco signed for Ducati then watch out that will be a team to
tough to match up against so would be a team of Rossi & Lorenzo
let the Saga begin
if you read the article, they saiy that Loris's manager is meeting w/ Ducati next week to discuss his fate, and they are talking about the possibility of having a 3 rider team. But as far as Marco, yes it has been announsed shortly after the race. I think he is a VERY competitive rider once he has the right equipment. He did very good in 05 and 06. I think Honda and Gresini team didn't realise that they had 2 quite competitive riders (yes I mean Elias too, eventhough he needs to work on safer overtaking methonds :toothy12: :toothy12: ) and now are about to loose them.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
if you read the article, they saiy that Loris's manager is meeting w/ Ducati next week to discuss his fate, and they are talking about the possibility of having a 3 rider team. But as far as Marco, yes it has been announsed shortly after the race. I think he is a VERY competitive rider once he has the right equipment. He did very good in 05 and 06. I think Honda and Gresini team didn't realise that they had 2 quite competitive riders (yes I mean Elias too, eventhough he needs to work on safer overtaking methonds :toothy12: :toothy12: ) and now are about to loose them.

Capirossi to Rizla Suzuki in 08
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...ocksuzukimove/

MCN understands Marlboro Ducati’s Loris Capirossi has agreed to join Suzuki's MotoGP team next year.
This will see Italian joining Chris Vermeulen in the Rizla Suzuki squad after the Aussie agreed to stay on the GSV-R 800 for another year.
Stung into action by the loss of John Hopkins to Kawasaki, Suzuki have replaced him with one of the most experienced riders on the grid by snapping up Loris Capirossi following the news that he is all-but out at Ducati for 2008, in favour of Marco Melandri.
MCN understands Loris Capirossi has signed a one-year deal l to ride the much-improved GSV-R, rejecting a Kawasaki contract and leaving Ducati after a five-year stint to join his third Japanese factory team, after spells with Honda and Yamaha in the 1990s.
Suzuki and Kawasaki have been at odds over the same riders for much of this season, with Kawasaki first showing interest in three-times world champion Loris Capirossi early in the season, and last week managing to prise John Hopkins from Rizla Suzuki for 2008.
Chris Vermeulen is believed to have agreed verbally to stay with Suzuki, despite a late show of interest from Yamaha to ride an M1 in 2008.
Talking earlier about his options Chris Vermeulen said: “A factory team is the best thing for lots of reasons. The budget is bigger, development is quicker and the bike is built around you.
“There’s no number one or two at Suzuki and they treat John and I equally, but he was the senior rider with more experience and most of the stuff was developed around him.
“I feel if I stay at Suzuki I will be the senior rider and that has its positive points. I have spoken to Lin Jarvis of Yamaha. He was interested and wanted to discuss my future and working with Yamaha."

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm... I guess we'll wait and see. I think Capirex is done with Ducati and I doubt they will run a 3 rider team. With all the other competitive team spots being taken, Suzuki I think is the best spot for him at the moment.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
Rossi won't be closer to winning it this year unless Yamaha & Michelin step up their game during the midseason break, they have 3weeks to get their act together or it will all be over with some races to spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts