Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Please see this Imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/X1gHx

Inside you will see my melted, corroded, fried lightbulb connector for the front headlights. I want to replace the wire and connectors for each headlight, because neither headlight works, and this is obviously the problem.

The connector and wire you see is coming from the inside of the headlight.
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no easy way to open up the headlights?

I cannot find the OEM wire or connector to purchase online. How do I go about fixing this issue so I can get my lights working again?

Thanks for reading!

P.S. - My ultimate goal is to have nice HID headlights.. I'd rather put money into getting that done versus trying to fix this, if anyone feels it would be very costly.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
The solution is simple yes simple you want HID any way cut the melted OEM PLUG & reward an HID kit you want Cheap nothing cheaper then DDM you want quality that should last a long time but very reasonable price wise go with Volt www.xenonexpert.com Oliver is a sure vendor & will take cars of you tell him Moe advised you to contact him

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just had the same problem. I figured water may have found its way in. I ran to auto zone and picked up a new piece for a few bucks.

Get the hid lights. Definitely better

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you just cut the end of the wire and soldered a new connector on? Also, why do I see fantastic looking kits for $250 which have many parts? Simply replacing a bulb can't make it look so nice, right?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
You can order a new OEM connector and simply slide the two prongs from the HID wiring kit into the slots of OEM connector just like this picture here or save the dough and solder the wires directly together the choice is yours

The kit you want should include three main components Ballast , Igniter , H7 type bulb no need to buy the battery harness I would also advise you to buy an Hid relay from tripage ( site sponsor ) www.tripageled.com what that does is stop the ballast from igniting until the bike engine has started . That will prolong the life of the ballast , such relay has a timer that you can set , it's very easy to install at the low beam side & for the high beam you can use the OEM switch to control it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't find a new OEM connector, where do I order one? Do you think I could find this connector at AutoZone or a hardware store?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
You will not find it at Auto zone o a hardware store it's an OEM part is Dealer only or buy it on line the sad part is you can not just buy the plug by itself
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/hon/5054025ef870021c54beba59/headlight

I have browsed EBAY this might work for you just buy it and cut the plug the solder it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-2011-HONDA-CBR600RR-CBR-600-RR-HEADLIGHT-WIRE-PLUG-SOCKET-BULB-INSIDE-/221367428704?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2008|Model:CBR600RR&hash=item338a86e660&vxp=mtr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts