Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a chevy silverado this weekend and was wondering if any of you guys know of a forum for that truck

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nah, I have an 00 ext cab with the short bed, and it fits fine. If you do have to leave the tailgate down, no problem as long as it's strapped in good. I was able to close mine, so you should be able to as well. If you meant the engine hauling it, I would seriously doubt it would have any trouble at all man. I have the 5.3, but the bike's only like 400 or so pounds wet. I'd be surprised if you could even tell a difference with it in there.

Nice truck by the way!!

J

·
Registered
811 Posts
1999 silverado extended cab. 5.3 v8, intake system, gibson supertruck catback exhaust. :twisted:

ps.....www.chevyforums.com has a section for ya. lots of good advice there

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 02' with a 5.3 and a 96' with the 4.3 Vortec...

I would rather take the 4.3 places and it holds 2 bikes just fine.... no issues.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm a master technician at a Chevrolet dealership and always willing to help a fellow 600RR owner. I do have a bit of advise that will save you some headache later.

There is an a/c hose that runs near the rear of the engine. It goes from the a/c accumulator to the a/c compressor. When the a/c is operating, it will drip water onto the distributor cap. The water will eventually migrate into the distributer inside the cap causing drivability concerns. The fix is to take a piece of foam pipe insulation and slip it over the hose at the point where it runs over the distributer cap and zip tie it into place. That will keep the water from dripping onto the cap. I see about 2 of those a week. BTW, thats only good for the 4.3 V6 new body style. The other engines (4.8, 5.3, 6.0) don't have distributers :razz:

Jay

·
Registered
56 Posts
03' Silverado SS

you can try silveradoss.com or LS1tech.com

Both will be geared to the V8 crowd. Especially LS1tech.com, but it's a good resource if you ever decide on a motor conversion.

fullsizechevy.com will be your best resource probably.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts