Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so there was a narly accident on Wilshire over the weekend so now they installed those mobile radar carts that tell drivers their speed and anything above 35 mph is flashed in red. So I cruised down the street and check out the side streets for cops. I do this twice.

So I fight my way to the front of the red light and let her rip. I managed to clock 67 and pretty soon I'll get an avatar with a custom speed thing I guess.

I love those things. My speedo is actually off by -2mph. On my first pass it read 51, but I had 53/54.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
we had one if you went over 50 it said Hi

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
triple digits on a socal highway are only 10mph faster than the flow of traffic

·
Registered
371 Posts
ya i know here they have cameras on em and they send you a ticket. Sometimes the local PD is a fe months behind so dont be suprised if you get a bad letter in the mail.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Some of those things are off too, I dont think they calibrate them very often because my car OEM spec wheels and tires on it, and some say that Im up to 5 mph off.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
just watch out for some of them..

some of them have cameras on them and when they read a cerain speed they capture a picture of the plate when you pass and the ticket will be mailed to you... as long as the camera isnt on the rear side taking pics as you pass you will be fine on a bike..

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It is true, some do indeed have cameras in Los Angeles. Typically though, there are cops that are within a couple blocks hiding...waiting to prey on us drivers. Be careful, no need to act like an asshat...wouldn't you feel like a moron if you got caught doing that?! Save your speed for the more open road too. I travel that road you speak of and it is hard enough dealing with the cager traffic as it is.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Also, are you sure your speedo is really off? Those speed checks aren't always calibrated to the absolute.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
just watch out for some of them..

some of them have cameras on them and when they read a cerain speed they capture a picture of the plate when you pass and the ticket will be mailed to you... as long as the camera isnt on the rear side taking pics as you pass you will be fine on a bike..
Photo radar is illegal in California. They were lucky to get the red light cameras through.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Okay, but still not smart to speed up around those.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts