Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as we all know, metal sliders are far inferior to delrin.... well, tonight i saw the proof. riding with the usual crowd, one of the better riders of the group got on another guys older zx9r to ride it around (the guy got it a few months ago and was lettin him check out how it ran and stuff cause the owner doesnt really know much about bikes). well, it had cheap ass metal sliders on it with tiny like 6mm bolts to hold them and a bald front tire. the guy who is a decent rider went to turn the POS back into the parking lot and the front tire let go and it went down. The bike is pretty much ok... some scratches here and there since he was barely movin... but none of that would have even happened if the POS slider wouldnt have snapped right off. he was going less than 5mph and the thing broke like nothin. it actually caused more damage to the bike when it broke and went up into the fairing and cracked it a little bit. id hate to see any of these in an actual speed crash. i dont think the thing would have even held if the bike had just fallen over sittin still

·
Registered
639 Posts
The problem with the metal sliders, is that it transfers all the energy it absorbs when hitting the ground to whatever it's bolted to. A buddy of mine "pancaked" his 900RR from a 12-o-clock position, and it snapped 2 ears off the right side of his engine (powers cage) This was also the first time it had been dropped on the cage.

The delrin sliders absorb the shock of hitting the ground and don't allow the energy to be transmitted to the engine/frame or whatever the slider is bolted to.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I remember hitting some oil pulling in to a gas station and nearly eating ****. that scared me so bad I got off, had a coke and a dip for about a half an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts